Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BUT COME ON WHY ARE DRUIDS WEAKER THEN RANGERS
Every class is weaker than rangers, bro.

We just do an excellent job of downplaying our class so we don't get nerfed.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another part of the game thats broken as hell is the fact that druids dots are supposed to stack up with eachother on a single mob. For example, our raid has 3 druids on it, those druids SHOULD be able to all cast the same DoT on 1 mob for stacked up DoT DPS. This was how it was on live as long as I can remember, and I played from 99-07 roughly.

Wrong. This isn't World of Warcraft. That doesn't work here.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

dot stacking has been bugged on every emu server i've been on. really dont think these guys played druids or shamans on live ever.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

dot stacking worked perfectly on vztz and if they can do it p99 dev should be able to do it
Old 05-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Druids are fine in groups if you can play decently. On raids, you are more or less the ride there and the ride out.... and a little spot healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Actually Stacking the same dot from multiple druids on raid mobs was deffinetly on EQ live. I Just dont know when it was implemented is all, anyway it doesn't matter I'm just more or less frustrated that my root lasts 5 minutes everytime (which almost NEVER happened on live, in fact a a 30 second root was a miracle usually on blue con mobs) but DoT's dont seem to stack right. This was my first rant too btw and prolly last lol
Old 05-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are fine in groups if you can play decently. On raids, you are more or less the ride there and the ride out.... and a little spot healing.
Thats if you can get an invite into one... Not much room inbetween the necessary warrior, cleric, enchanter, 3 dps slots though :/.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
How come root lasts 5 minutes everytime but I can't stack any DoTs that stacked on live? Btw I clearly remember stacking winged death/drones of doom (from ES vambs), Breath of Ro, AND the epic clicky. At some point I even remember drifting death/winged death stacking. I can't find any concrete proof of this...but atleast fix the ES vambs/winged death portion of this bug which we atleast have proof for.

Another part of the game thats broken as hell is the fact that druids dots are supposed to stack up with eachother on a single mob. For example, our raid has 3 druids on it, those druids SHOULD be able to all cast the same DoT on 1 mob for stacked up DoT DPS. This was how it was on live as long as I can remember, and I played from 99-07 roughly.

Kunarks been out for a while now, I have no clue what goes into patching this or fixing it but apparently its pretty tough. Snare and mobs running on this server is far from what it was on live as well, theres almost always a 2 second lag between when a mob is supposed to run, and when it actually does start to run. During this 2 second period the mob literally freezes in its spot as if it was stunned, when its not. This causes druids to literally be useless to groups 55+ in kunark, whereas on live at the very least snare was a requirement in seb/chardok/HS due to tight quarters and the possibility of adds everywhere.

blah, i'll prolly regret getting sucked into this rants and flames thread but literally dont even want to level to 60 on my character due to how nerfed druids are. Also -- I hope the server devs/GM's dont take this thread as an insult, its not intended as that in anyway. I appreciate the fact that we get an opportunity to play this awesome game for free. I also appreciate the time they put in to create an authentic P99 feel to it.

BUT COME ON WHY ARE DRUIDS WEAKER THEN RANGERS
If you're bitching now, you're going to kill yourself when your epic won't stack with a Necro snare for the first...year and a half? of epics being out.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same dots from different players didn't work until almost pop, that's any class. druids, necro's, shaman, etc

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

Patches from July 2002 - December 2002
- DoT spells cast by different players on an NPC now stack (Sept. 4)
- Planes of Power goes live (Oct. 21)
I think everyone missed this.

The way it is now is Classic EQ. No, you could not stack DoTs of the same type on a mob. Stop complaining or move to live.

Asher
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

It's not just druids either. No class can stack the same dot by different players.
This is why back in the day everyone had their role of what dots they were going to use to make sure nobody was wasting their time trying something that wont work.

If you do not have a clear recollection of this then I question what year you were playing EQ.
Closed Thread