Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Banned

Default Leveling

I just joined EQ, and im a level 3 bard, it was taking forever to get to level 4, and i mean FOREVER in Kelethin killing bees and bats and someone took me all the way to ec and it doesnt seem any easier there, should i just bind myself to ec put get a port and level in Kelethin? Looking for advices, i really want to level quicker. Thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Stay in EC and go to the tunnel and ask for buffs. Damage Shield helps a ton if you can get that one. Stay there till like level 10.

I know you can do the Gnoll Fang Quest in Blackburrow, and do pretty well. Trouble is you can't get any good gear there like you can looting Bone Chips and HQ Bear Hides to make plat to buy a decent weapon like you can in the Tunnel killing Mobs in EC.

Sorry to tell you but this game is slow as heck to level in. Lot of casual players are not level 60 after a year. You just have to kill and kill and kill. No other way around it. Wait to you hit the hell levels. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Fortunately for you, bards can be, without a doubt, the fastest levelers in the game BY FAR. And they don't even need any gear besides a few platinum worth of instruments that you can buy off a merchant in order to do it!

Go to the melee subforum and read the ENTIRE thread in there that is titled something like "bard ae screenshot thread." I think there is the same thread in the screenshot section of the forum too.

It takes some practice, you WILL die learning to ae kite and ae kiting, but even with deaths and CRs and stuff it still ends up being ridiculously insane fast xp. Like, level 45+ in 2 days /played fast.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Large Bat

I did the bonechips quest from level 1-5 in kaladim and it took about 2.5 hours as a dwarf paladin. If I was you I wouldn't bind in EC then hunt in gfay unless you want a miserable CR. Just pick one or the other and bind there.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Greater Faydark probably has more advantages earlier on. Crushbone is literally on your doorstep and the CB belts/pads is a good way to either generate some cash or accelerate your levelling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(more orcs than the Deathfist ones in EC)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fortunately for you, bards can be, without a doubt, the fastest levelers in the game BY FAR. And they don't even need any gear besides a few platinum worth of instruments that you can buy off a merchant in order to do it!

Go to the melee subforum and read the ENTIRE thread in there that is titled something like "bard ae screenshot thread." I think there is the same thread in the screenshot section of the forum too.

It takes some practice, you WILL die learning to ae kite and ae kiting, but even with deaths and CRs and stuff it still ends up being ridiculously insane fast xp. Like, level 45+ in 2 days /played fast.
it's tough to start kiting pre 29 or so tho.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's tough to start kiting pre 29 or so tho.
False. Its very difficult before selos, and its difficult before the L18 DoT. After L18, you're kiting doesn't change up a whole lot through 60 (besides getting more DoTs).

Bards only get better with age, and L4 is rough for a lot of classes in GFay when solo. Its hard to do orc hill, yet the newbie yard is getting long in the teeth. Just grind it out and you'll be at L5 in no time. Also, I recommend staying in GFay area the whole time, as you'll be back to Unrest/MM in the teens and such anyways. Also skip orc hill and run straight into CB at L5. Orc hill and the CB entrance are much more difficult than the zone in area of CB. Luckily you're a bard and have selo's to run through that last stretch of GFay into CB.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I just joined EQ, and im a level 3 bard, it was taking forever to get to level 4, and i mean FOREVER in Kelethin killing bees and bats and someone took me all the way to ec and it doesnt seem any easier there, should i just bind myself to ec put get a port and level in Kelethin? Looking for advices, i really want to level quicker. Thanks
This .. IS .. EQ !!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Aviak

once you can get groups in crushbone and get belts and shoulderpads for turn-in you'll be doing better. if you head to ec and get buffs and kill orcs then dervs that works fast also.
like above said, doing traditional group xp to level.. will take some time!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

dragonzord > dragonfists