Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Will there ever be a Pokemon MMO?

Wife and I have been watching Pokemon from Season 1, were on Season 7 atm and we both talked about how much money that company would make if they came out with there own MMO Version of the anime series, any information on this give us a link.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Have you tried googling pokemon mmo?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

If there is one it must be really bad because i never heard of it
Old 11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Without googling, isn't there something called Pokemon: GO or some shit? Not sure if its a MMO though.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Not precisely an MMO (augmented reality MMO?) but this is in the works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_GO

Catch pokemon in the real world with your android/iPhone or mobile device! Fight fellow players with your pokemon! The trailer makes it look fantastic!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure Pokemon:GO is the reason for 9/11
Old 11-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Banned

there's a pokemon mod for minecraft and you could always make a custom pokemon emu with pokemon named mobs and quests
Old 11-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

PokeMMO is good
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Banned

https://pokemmo.eu/

You can do Kanto and/or Johto, just like original games but you can see all the other nerds and challenge them to battle and there are EV/IVs implemented. Before you waste the time getting through it you better look up the breeding guide though, they made getting decent IVs 1000x more grindy than in the real actual game. ALso there's only one mewtwo on the server and you can only keep him until you are defeated in battle, king of the hill sort of deal.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without googling, isn't there something called Pokemon: GO or some shit? Not sure if its a MMO though.
It will be an MMO. Niantic's current game is "Ingress," which I posted about like 10 months ago when I started playing it but no one else replied to my thread I don't think. It's an MMO too, it's just blends aspects of typical, PC MMOs with the mobility offered by being played on mobile devices. I mean, you can't play it offline ("Yeah I play MMOs dude. I play Diablo 2!") and it's almost impossible to play it without everything you do affecting other nearby players... so sounds like an actual MMO to me.

Ingress is this sci-fi themed game with two teams vying for territorial control by fighting over ownership of "portals," which are basically real life landmarks that are also significant in the game. Portals range from post offices and libraries and churches to park benches and community gardens and overpass graffiti. When you're near a portal, you can interact with it in a variety of ways to acquire more gear from it, blow it up if it's a hostile portal, reinforce it if it's a friendly portal, or capture the portal for your team. You can create links between friendly portals, and linking 3 portals together creates a "control field" that in the story helps your team win control of the population under the field but in the metagame is just part of the team vs. team and player vs. player territorial control aspect of the game.

Depending on the area you play in the game can be a lot different for any given player. Some communities are really organized and players regularly meet up to play while travelling together, have meet ups at local restaurants/bars to farm gear from nearby portals while hanging out, organize monthly events ("first saturday"), participate in the official major events ("anomolies"), etc. Or if you play in a slower area (non-metro, basically) most players just do their own thing and ocassionally group up for some kind of "op[eration]" like making a big field that covers over the whole local area (which stops other players from being able to make their own links and fields inside of your bigger field, among other things), etc.

I haven't really read about Pokemon:GO at all because I got hooked on PC adventure/RPGs and turn-based strategy games and stuff back in the 90s rather than Pokemon... but I assume from what Ingress is that Pokemon will be relatively similar though with more tactical aspects because of the little fucking picachu's fighting each other directly instead of players just sniping each other's portals back and forth from each other and hacking portals to build up their gear reserves to do it again.
Closed Thread