Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
technique. It's the stat that determines base trick ability. Speed, acceleration and jump all factor into your ability to get air, but with a high technique stat you can get a 720 with the amount of airtime that would get a less technical character a 420 partial resulting in wipeout. Gnomes are lacking jump, acceleration, and technique, their only asset being a high top speed stat owing to low aerodynamic profile, so they require intense skill and maintenance of a constant high speed to achieve a high trick score. This makes them the best in a skilled player's hands but also the least forgiving race to take on the slopes.
Snowboarding or skateboarding? Anyway I'm laughing really hard and now I wanna make a gnome warrior more than ever.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Best warrior on Tunare for a long time was gnome warrior. He rerolled Ogre after being banned. Best but Stars was horrible people.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes are manly!
You misspelled that. It's properly spelled (wo)manly.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Troll custom helm wins.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Gnomes are generally untrustworthy, there are of course exceptions.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes are generally untrustworthy, there are of course exceptions.
But they fly straight... when punted.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Strictly speaking aerodynamics gnomes are superior to trolls in that respect. Although their solid stature is what makes trolls the clear choice between the two for the warrior profession.

Popeye forearms really help when swinging around various weapons.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Aviak

TBH, if i were min-maxing, troll would be my third choice for warrior race....

1) Iksar: AC bonus+Velious Plate+Same Regen Trolls have, and who needs slam anyway? Lower STR than other two options, push base agi to 75, dump rest into str.

2) Ogre: Can't be stunned from the front. It's huge, but so are ogres - and they don't bathe... ever. Highest STR/STA of the options, push agi to 75, dump rest in dex.

3) Troll: Regen is good. Slam is.. meh, it has its uses as an interrupt while leveling, but again these guys are freaking huge. I don't mind having to shrink, but its less hassle for me to play a race that fits through doors naturally. Close to ogre level STR/STA, push agi to 75, dump rest into dex.

All of the above have craptacular faction with... pretty much everyone, with an RZ Ogre having the least amount of 'bad' faction. But thats like saying human SKs have less bad faction than delf SKs - sure they do, but it still sucks.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japairish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really want this to not be a joke, is this a joke? I feel like this would be a good choice...
Early levels you can berserk bow kite bugs pretty well (they run slow. Run diagonally to build even more distance).

For off hand use a useful proc like polished granite tomahawk to pad tanking or dps until duel wield actually produces a decent amount of swings (procs can happen even on failed duel wield checks).

While toe-to-toe fighting bind wound, /stand, attack on hotkeys while fighting goes a long way.

Combat is simple afk auto attack, preferably standing in a narrow corridor so you don't get pushed out of range of the target, letting you deal with adult responsibilities.

Down time just make a hotkey that spams 5 bandages (or 4 then sit).

Troll was the suggestion above, but personally I found Halfling works well to this style, hide//sneak really cuts down on invis potions used and opens up a lot of vendors/quests you might not normally be able to access.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

We're not min maxing here. We're talking Popeye forearms, aerodynamics and testosterone so...
Closed Thread