Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Trouble starting EQ client after installation.

Playing on a Windows 7 VirtualBox virtual machine.

Hello, I am trying to start on this server for the first time and have installed the Everquest Titanium client and have followed Falkun's guide here and also the main guide from the "Getting started" link.

When trying to start the client (either with the Launch Titanium.bat or the shortcut to to eqgame.exe, with a target of C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme) I get a "The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read." error. I changed the eqclient.ini file like was suggested in this forum to set my resolution to my desktop's native resolution but that didn't seem to work. Also, when I run the client as an Administrator, I don't get that error, but get a different error telling me to delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll but those two files do not exist in my EQ directory (I have searched for them and also manually scrolled through the directory looking for each).

I have googled for people having the same problems and nothing has worked so far.

Thanks very much, and I hope I can play soon!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Your antivirus program likely accidentally ate those files. Tell your antivirus program to ignore the whole P99 folder.

And reinstall the latest patch.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey, thanks for the reply. I decided to install it on my linux machine using WINE since it's my main anyways and it's working!