Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I'm so famous" is not a very compelling argument. If you have to pull that crap into the discussion, it makes people even less inclined to believe you're right.
people are generally famous for being good players

how does that detract from someone's credibility?

what a moran
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Being a good player 10+ years ago doesn't mean everything he says is right. Why don't you address what he said instead of what his name is?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

what's with these chumps not understanding basic rhetoric skills
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Think this before you post "did I actually play EQ before Kunark on a pvp server"? If yes, "did I regularly participate in pvp"? If yes? Continue.

Unfortunately Kringe is trying to make a solid point. He has a lot of time invested in actual pre-kunark pvp as a caster. This "I played on SZ / started in Velious" crowd is just a joke with the "you take this too seriously" defense when they get put in a position where comparatively they don't know shit. Most of you actually, fucking do not, have a lvl 50 character who raided and pvp'd on one of the classic pvp servers. Yet, you continue to post away.

Most people can't even offer what characters they played or cite specific examples, let alone several. People are on here saying they resisted drones line from druids and shit, or 4 ice comets never put a dent in them and was a shit spell. It is absolutely fucking silly. I further absolutely don't believe the people posting here had full sets of diamond or a 35 cold resist kedge cloak back in classic on a pre-kunark pvp server.

What you see above is people saying "what you remember doesn't count" and then just making shit up, or basing it on post Velious or VZTZ experiences. I'd wager I can count on one hand how many people that will play on this server actually had experience in meaningful, classic EQ pvp.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason they were given lures was because high resists routinely countered wizards in PvP.
wow, just Wow... I will refrain from posting anymore after reading this..

Let me get this straight... Sony (Verant) gave Wizards.... Lures (spell line) because high reists routinely countered wizards in PVP (10% of the entire population) the other 90% (Blue Servers) got the spell for kicks and giggles... (something cool to look at)...

CWall is correct, it has nothing to do with being Famous, but moreso along the lines of credibility...

Fuck people were talking about me here over a year ago, before I even knew about P99..

Quote:
08-27-2010, 08:46 AM VictoryARC
Kobold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On RZ my chanter buddy Rigamortiz would solo the ghoul lord all the time.
Big things... Small places..
Last edited by Kringe; 10-14-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Being a good player 10+ years ago doesn't mean everything he says is right. Why don't you address what he said instead of what his name is?
The point is some of us actually played 10+ years ago and are getting annoyed with the amount of fronting going on up in here.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow, just Wow... I will refrain from posting anymore after reading this..

Let me get this straight... Sony (Verant) gave Wizards.... Lures (spell line) because high reists routinely countered wizards in PVP (10% of the entire population) the other 90% (Blue Servers) got the spell for kicks and giggles... (something cool to look at)...

CWall is correct, it has nothing to do with being Famous, but moreso along the lines of credibility...

Fuck people were talking about me here over a year ago, before I even knew about P99..

And that was a 1minute search..
Big things... Small places..
Your boyfriend talking about your cosplay exploits don't count. :P
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Seriously?

Gear + Deflux = 1 button win.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

Yeah especially when deflux doesn't heal you if it hits a damage absorb (hi manaskin) and does piss damage in pvp.

Maybe I'll get lucky and this will bait you with the "I'll dispel manaskin" response.

Maybe I'll get unlucky and every time I reply to a post I'll be giving some pvp 101 lessons.
Last edited by Nirgon; 10-14-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Closed Thread