Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Sol B really isn't that bad once you learn where to pull from. Grouping at window would be pretty good for you. I would suggest grouping with a cleric and a melee class specifically...maybe even a bard for impromptu adds. You have to make sure the mobs are rooted or snared though or things can get ugly really quickly. Once you break the window camp and make smart decisions when you pull, you should never have more than two shamans. You can also just zone over to Sol A if the trio can't handle certain pulls or adds.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Great responses, thank you guys!

Ive had several folks tell me that CoM is the place to be once I get another level or three. Until then, there are a few options that you mentioned that Ill look into and explore (Sol B, Paw, LGuk, to name a few). I honestly just prefer dungeons, because it feels like less of a "grind" and more of a "journey", but Im not opposed to some action in the great outdoors, either.

Regarding the casting, it did seem like enemies were using level appropriate spells (by PC standards), which I dont remember being the case on live, but I could be wrong. One thing that does strike me as particularly unique to P99 is the outright dread we have for shaman mobs - slow, dot, nuke then chain healing makes them a terror that I dont remember having back in the day!

Thanks again for the suggestions, and hopefully this will help some other players with ideas too. That said, if anyone is looking for a shadowknight to group with (above average gear) in the evenings on work nights, let me know! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

As far as I know, all major city guards are simple warriors and around level 37, with few pathers. On my shaman I went from 40 to 49 in Oggok killing the same 8 or 9 guards. They also drop 1 or 2 Fine steel weapons each so you get an okay return for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

High Keep, bro. Grind dem guards with a huge ZEM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Sarnak

HHK is ridiculously overcrowded. During the day every single thing in the zone is camped. Even late at night and very early in the morning there is usually someone killing the guards. Fact is, this server has 600 people more than it should. If a place is worth going to, it's going to be crowded. You have to get creative and just take what you can get. Also, people on this server just seem to hate kunark. Go to kunark and you'll never have to worry about another place to level.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High Keep, bro. Grind dem guards with a huge ZEM.
^
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact is, this server has 600 people more than it should.
/rofl
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/rofl
He is not far off. You been to CB or MM, KC to try to get a group lately?? 1,000 peeps are nice to see on here but not to get a group. There is realy like 10 to 12 nice zones to level in to get groups on here.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

It's cool how the community has created its own "hot spots".
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Probably not the most popular choice, but Kedge has relatively few casters around that level.

The casters I encounter are primarily seahorses and mermaids, but those should be too high for low forties. You can easily kill sharks, piranas, and fish. The biggest thing is you just root / snare everything (as you must in all dungeons). While the ZEM has been nerfed from its pre-kunark glory, it is still amazing exp for those willing to give it a shot.
Closed Thread