Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Big Kringe why you no on aim dese days
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7. Hold your breath
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats exactly what you and 10 other people that cry daily on the forums for the last 6 months want.

Exp has already been increased quite liberally and it did next to nothing for the server population, just like other pvp server failed to have our numbers with super fast experience. Its been tried, it doesn't work, so stfu already.
you clearly don't know nearly as much as you think you know.

FYI i'm new to the server. Started here less than 2 months ago. Myself and 5 other friends started because of the initial xp boost.

Now a month and a half into it we are getting bored because we are still only around the mid 30s and because of this, haven't gotten to experience any real pvp. Now some of our 6 are beginning to log in less, eventually its going to be a group of 5, then 4, and so on and so forth... perfect example of how the population of this server goes. groups of friends start up with great intentions and enjoy their initial time here only to realize that the time it takes to grind to 50 doesn't mesh well with having family/work/life in general outside of EQ.

tl;dr people come here for pvp, and when they realize that the prerequisite to pvp is 200 odd hours of tedious griding exp to get to level 50, they lose motivation and stop logging in.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobaggins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you clearly don't know nearly as much as you think you know.

enjoy their initial time here only to realize that the time it takes to grind to 50 doesn't mesh well with having family/work/life in general outside of EQ.
I don't understand... this is classic EQ, didn't you know this coming in?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I think it took me 2 months to get my first toon, a Druid, to level 13 in 1999. And I played a lot.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSB when theres 45 people left on the server and 43 of them are guilded with you wheres the "Classic EQ PVP" experience fall into that category?

Griefed off the server is such a cool expression, because thats exactly what you want... Lets GRIEF EVERYONE OFF THE SERVER SO THERES NO ONE TO PLAY WITH!!! Bravo, you should definitely head a major MMO/Marketing company... It would most certainly thrive.
/signed
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is NOT classic eq. ask the devs. its mostly classic- but custom in a few ways.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I think it took me 2 months to get my first toon, a Druid, to level 13 in 1999. And I played a lot.
Hahha, yeah, after a solid two years of playing and a billion alts, I think my highest character was 28.

I spent more time farming for things than actually leveling, what a blast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is NOT classic eq. ask the devs. its mostly classic- but custom in a few ways.
Hence the reason why the red server already has bonus exp......

I'm not voicing an opinion on whether red needs faster exp, I'm just pointing to the fact that people are complaining they're losing interest in leveling in classic EQ, when it was their choice to start playing here in the first place. It's illogical and a fallible argument.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

That IS the problem. Too many understand it and CHOOSE not to play anymore.

Instead of further bumping exp, just make grinding to 50 FUNNER.

See 0 thru 6.