Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

not being able to see a damn thing on my monitor while the sun was glaring on the crt screen while playing a human. cranked the gamma and created a whole system of card board boxes to block out the sun so I could at least see a little bit...
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

My first memory was back in phase 2 of beta. A real life friend of mine was in beta with me and we both started in Qeynos. We were running around in Qeynos Hills when we spotted a Wisp. Well...not sure if you guys are familiar with wisps in UO or not but we had about a 5 minute long debate on if we should try and kill it or not (nevermind con's as this point). Fun times arguing while trying to keep pace with it and not get ourselves killed by wandering bears and gnolls.

In the end we attacked it and found out the importance of magic weapons early on in EQ.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Kobold

I remember making a human warrior named Copen because I was chewing Copenhagen back then. After finally finding the newbie yard I started "helping" people kill their mobs. Didn't understand you had to be grouped and I remember one female human that got super pissed off and started shouting in zone how I was a KSing asshole. Somebody told her to shut up because I was just a newb and helped explain the game to me. They even sharpened my rusty sword and gave me some leather which I would later lose on a corpse in EC lol.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Roll barb rogue. Get lost in Halas for an hour. See lake with a raft coming towards me! Freedom! Somehow miss the raft and fall in water. No idea how to swim. Drown. LOADING PLEASE WAIT...
Old 05-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not being able to see a damn thing on my monitor while the sun was glaring on the crt screen while playing a human. cranked the gamma and created a whole system of card board boxes to block out the sun so I could at least see a little bit...
LMAO, I did the same thing. Almost forgot about that cardboard tunnel around my monitor to block out the early morning sun.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Kobold

I remember watching my friend play for the first time. I think he either started a druid or a ranger since he started in Surefall Glade. I remember just realizing that this was in 3d instead of UO like were we playing previously.
I remember being amazed at about everything and it taking sooo long to get a cool magical weapon.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamalam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll barb rogue. Get lost in Halas for an hour. See lake with a raft coming towards me! Freedom! Somehow miss the raft and fall in water. No idea how to swim. Drown. LOADING PLEASE WAIT...
I had a buddy have a similar experience happen to him in Neriak. He got lost in there for HOURS, I mean pure frustration lost. He would take little breaks to log off and call me on the phone. He eventually got out and as soon as he did he ran to the left coming out and fell into the river. Died to a piranha or something while he was in the process of drowning. He immediately logged off and never played again. Poor guy really missed out haha

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I started a Female High Elf Cleric in 2000 and when I went into Greater Faydark to fight, I thought I had Cerebral Palsy. I could not hit a wasp to save my butt for about 3 days. I remember my son saying it's easy lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yeah right! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Getting lost in Qeynos, rerolling.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 05-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Kobold

I broke my arm and couldn't ride my bike, etc. so I bought this cool game called Everquest that I saw in PC Gamer. My first character was a woof elf druid. Running around Gfay and Kelethin listening to the awesome music and feeling like I was immersed in a huge multiplayer world for the first time got me absolutely hooked.
Closed Thread