Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Is Wildstar any good? The raids look really fun, I'm not a huge fan of the art style though.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Wildstar...ehem... I think I just died and went into Steampunk-Nightmare version of Disneyland

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Aviak

Yeah.. I don't really care for the art style or general "attitude" of the game. But I think I could look past it if the gameplay was fun, which it seems like it could be.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pantheon rising got cancelled?
Welll... it's still funding, post-Kickstarter failure. This did happen, however, and would probably be good information to know prior to throwing money away.

"The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project."

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comme...erator_on_his/

Source is behind the paywall Pantheon forums.

wp chewie
Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

lmao paying yourself a 108K salary/yr on a startup without even a tech demo to show for. smooth brad. this is how not to run a startup.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

This is actually VERY smart, he took 100k to pay up for his personal expenses, and got off with a "sorry". Watch and learn kids. Lets see who is going to be the next sucker who decides to finance his next brilliant project.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

He didn't really get off. His forums are a ghost town. I stop in every few days. Hasn't been much in the way of updates.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Orc

Didn't all the real developers leave? Last I heard he was allowing people to be a volunteer "employee" and work for free. Essentially redoing the entire team but not actually hiring anyone because there is no money to do so after paying off the old team, and himself.

wp chewie
Old 05-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't really get off. His forums are a ghost town. I stop in every few days. Hasn't been much in the way of updates.
I don't think you understand the situation. That's exactly what Brad had in mind in the first place. Sure he probably doesn't want any more notoriety but he doesn't care if his name takes any more of a beating than it already has. People gave him money and that's what he came for, he's a top class snake oil salesman peddling the "cure" for our shitty modern MMO's.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 05-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Bush knocked down the towers, too?
Closed Thread