Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
depending on hyper specificity is how one hangs their self in an argument
You have certainly provided yourself enough rope.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Timothy 2:11-12
11) A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12) I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
http://leviticusbans.tumblr.com/post...d-in-leviticus

basically, contemporary western culture is an affront to abraham's god
Old 05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have certainly provided yourself enough rope.
a fossil is a fossil regardless of the tissue
Old 05-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Willfully ignorant of what? I have been provided with no reason to believe any of your claims. You certainly haven't provided any substantiating evidence to you argument for evolution. Saying it evolved cause scientists say so is not evidence. You also failed to provide any reasonable explanation as to why the bible should be considered unscientific. Pointing to misconceptions about the creation account is not evidence for anything except flawed human reasoning. I'm still wondering what I've posted so far that should be considered as trolling.
Willfully ignorant of the fact that there is a nonzero amount of peer-reviewed, scientific evidence in favor of one theory, and none in favor of the other. That's all I've been saying the whole time. One of them is clearly the more rational, logical, and plausible explanation behind how we came to be here. In my opinion, at least.

You can try to argue semantics all you want (i.e. the bible is scientific vs. unscientific), but at the end of the day there is no simply no evidence to conclusively prove, for people like you, that things happened one way or the other. We must choose for ourselves which beliefs to hold, and I simply choose to hold those that stand up to scientific scrutiny. You're free to do whatever you want, because you're a human being and you have free will and the agency to exercise it.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except there are over 5,000 early copies of the bible and none of them contain this manipulation you speak of. Not to mention the Torah held by the Jews is also unchanged. When we look at other historical documents considered factual we find far fewer examples yet there is no dispute such as the works of many greek authors of which a mere handful of copies exist.
http://www.bibleandscience.com/bible/kjv.htm

Just this one version contains numerous errors. Including words that meant something totally different from what they mean today. Are you saying that this translation was some sort of anomaly and that all the other bible translations prior to it were perfect?

The likelihood is that in every translation there were errors, omissions and misunderstandings.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Aviak

3 reasonable posts in a row.

Time for more faux-intellectual gobbledy****
Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
a fossil is a fossil regardless of the tissue
But to to rely on the shaky science of radiocarbon dating means one of two things. Either soft tissue fossils can defy the rate of decay in rc14 or they are much younger than thought.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Kobold

46 pages of fats trying to sound enlightened.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But to to rely on the shaky science of radiocarbon dating means one of two things. Either soft tissue fossils can defy the rate of decay in rc14 or they are much younger than thought.
radiocarbon dating has nothing to do with a fossil or the process of weathering
Old 05-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
46 pages of fats trying to sound enlightened.
Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]