Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Default First EQ Memory

This thread has probably been done before, but what the hell. Post your first experience with EQ.

Mine was as a Barb Warrior - I was going for the whole Braveheart look.

I remember looking at *everything* in the city. I was totally blown away at the ridiculous detail in everything - the tents, the NPCs, the fire (with its 2-D intersecting flames), the the sounds and music, the doors...Being really worried that i'd freeze to death if I fell in the water near the zone to Everfrost...

Then I later died to a vengeful lyricist (yeah, that thread sparked this old memory) after not pulling away from the center of the pathing mobs. Even so, I still thought, "this game is badass!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Ran around Grobb spamming T targeting NPCs thinking "is not online at this time" was some quest dialogue or something. Then eventually hit A and died and got bindcamped by a mushroom man tracker.

Good times.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Kobold

I remember making in Iksar SK as my first character. I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Found another guy running around outside Cabilis. He had a badass skull helmet and I was praising it. The dude ended up making me one! I was legitimately excited. Then I killed some stuff for a couple of hours and logged off.

Now, I had no concept of different servers at this time, this was my first MMO. I had no idea what server I made that character on and gave up looking for him after a while. I picked a different server and wrote it down this time. Ended up making a Barb Shammy that I stuck with for a while.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

My RL buddy told me about this awesome new game that he started playing, EverQuest. I wasn't interested; I figured the roleplaying games I was doing in AOL chat rooms at the time sounded like more fun.

Then I went over to his house and made a level 1 dark elf and got lost in Third Gate... and 15 years later I'm still playing EverQuest.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-21-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Rolled a human monk and gave him charisma because I didn't want him to be dull and gave him some int because I didn't want him to be stupid. When I spawned in south qeynos by the caster guild, I thought all the NPCs were real players and wondered why everyone just stood there while I ran around. lol
Old 05-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolled a human monk and gave him charisma because I didn't want him to be dull and gave him some int because I didn't want him to be stupid. When I spawned in south qeynos by the caster guild, I thought all the NPCs were real players and wondered why everyone just stood there while I ran around. lol
Lol. On one of my first characters, I remember running into a chanter PC in his teens. I thought his animation was a player he was running around with who he had cast invisibility on.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Orc

My friend told me about the game so i bought it. i made a woodelf warrior and my friend gave me items and some crafted armor. I then got bored of him so i deleted him (with the items) and my friend was pissed. i had no idea why.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

I remember spending more than a night of play stuck in Neriak, unable to find my way around.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember spending more than a night of play stuck in Neriak, unable to find my way around.
This is fantastic. Neriak was sort of confusing at first. I probably spent 20-30 minutes in each city figuring out where stuff was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

My cousin bought me the game in October of 1999 for my birthday. Had no RPG experience prior to that. Rolled a DE SK and he showed me the newbie log in nek. Still to this day one of my best birthday presents ever.
Closed Thread