Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 AM
Large Rat

Alright, I had never seen this quest done before and never seen so many monsters at once, so I just assumed something was terribly wrong (especially for a game built on late 90's era hardware where such a number of models on screen would have crippled performance). The wiki page mentioned nothing about this spawning behavior, either. Thanks for looking into it anyway.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, I had never seen this quest done before and never seen so many monsters at once, so I just assumed something was terribly wrong (especially for a game built on late 90's era hardware where such a number of models on screen would have crippled performance). The wiki page mentioned nothing about this spawning behavior, either. Thanks for looking into it anyway.
The wiki is player made. So not everything is updated. Especially something like this that nets no worthwhile item.

Maybe if we were going past Velious it would be worth it and someone will update it. The only reason me n Sorn did it was cause it was something to do and it's one of the few follow pathing quests out.

Also just cause t was the 90s doesn't mean there can't be 100s of mobs in one area lol.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Right now, Seanbean and I noticed these two quest mobs were up with hundreds of pets, according to Seanbean's track. It's causing fps issues in the area.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:45 AM
Aviak

I attempted this quest today. Got Theodore to spawn with a monk helping me. In the confusion with the punching, we accidentally killed Theodore.

My question is, now what? Do I need to restart the badge quest from the beginning? Also, do I need to kill the investigator in SK? He is standing near the druid rings now and not in his original spot.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I attempted this quest today. Got Theodore to spawn with a monk helping me. In the confusion with the punching, we accidentally killed Theodore.

My question is, now what? Do I need to restart the badge quest from the beginning? Also, do I need to kill the investigator in SK? He is standing near the druid rings now and not in his original spot.
Unfortunately, to trigger his spawn again you'll have to start over at the first quest and get the interrogator's briefing from Vegalys. Also, pending update the investigator will despawn if the final version of Theodore is killed.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah start from the beginning. I did it my first go at the second badge as well. It was a real PITA.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Developer

Spawn totals were recently capped to address FPS issues so consider this fixed.