Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

I usually go where my friends go, in short. That's what makes the game fun for me

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 07-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Banned

Another thing to consider is culture. Do you like an environment where people are friendly but a bit more conservative with their speech, or where people are more freewheeling and willing to say what they think in colorful language? <Kittens Who Say Meow> and <Rustle> I think would be good contrasts here, although apparently they can work together and get stuff done, which speaks well for both of them.

EDIT: I want to clarify that the impression I get from <Rustle> kids is that they would find excessive cursing as crude and a sign of a lack of imagination. They seem to have fewer taboos than the general population, though. That being said, this is still an outsider's perspective. Anyone in <Rustle> care to comment on my assessment?
Last edited by kb2005; 07-22-2017 at 01:45 AM..
Old 07-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Depends? Are you a dirty casual peasant or a poopsock no life neckbeard?
Old 07-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

I have a dirty mouth. I'm f*cking sorry.

:P
Old 07-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

I looked at the numbers, obviously go with teh lessor, not the higher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2m_WnXjqnM
Old 07-22-2017, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

hustlers ambition 101
Old 07-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plot twist: DaP becomes #1 raid guild on p99

Double plot twist we already are lol.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Compare what you want to achieve and when you are available to play with a guilds target schedule/loot distribution system.

I guess you'll probably be able to make friends in whatever guild you choose, but if there are particular friends you want to be guilded with you either need to follow them or have them follow you.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: I want to clarify that the impression I get from <Rustle> kids is that they would find excessive cursing as crude and a sign of a lack of imagination. They seem to have fewer taboos than the general population, though. That being said, this is still an outsider's perspective. Anyone in <Rustle> care to comment on my assessment?
Absolutely. As a family-oriented guild, Rustle as you put it finds cursing crude and a sign of lack of imagination. Hence our strict anti-cursing policy. This along with the 10 commandments forms the backbone of our organization, young age 30-40 men and more men and a very few women doing our best to walk in Jesus' path and spread the light of God.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good advice and some interesting comments. I am level 51 now, Wizard. Trying to decide if I want to wait until 60 to app a guild and have all options open. Made several friends but they are also mostly solo classes and unguilded.

Would like to get my first ever epic oneday. Just 3 fights for wizard, VS, Phinny and broken golem in fear. I dont have any real way to gauge what guilds have the capability of doing that except where I see posts of those being killed in the forums here.

I can get some sense of guilds here on the forums but I dont think anything except being in the guild gives you the true story.

Past experience is that the most friendly casual guilds are always willing to help, great people but always recruiting to try and grow and often lack the structure, numbers or motivation to accomplish significant goals.

Large raiding guilds tend toward the other extreme. Everything is very serious, low tolerance for mistakes, competitive in and outside the guild but very well organized and accomplish goals. Downside, Ive spent months as a recruit without earning enough DKP to loot something.

Maybe there is some middle ground there somewhere as well. I think the alliances are a step in that direction.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific thoughts or suggestions.
Last edited by ziffiz; 07-24-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Closed Thread