Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Default Can someone explain to me...

Why the frogs kill everything in TT except the undead on this server?

Is there evidence to support this? Before I try again to get traction with a bug post I just wanted to have some discussion about it.

I spent a lot of time in TT as a ranger in the early months of Kunark and well beyond, pulling Hunter and Forager cycles on RN. There wasn't inter-species fighting happening. There was a balanced population of plants, cats, chickens, frogs, and skeletal iksars roaming their various paths.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Frogs are scared of ghosts

/thread
Old 07-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Left out the raptor mobs... can't forget those.

Best I can figure, this is how the frogs behaved on the Mac server because of some faction weirdness, and so it remains on p99 as an artifact.

All I can provide so far is mountains of vintage posts about Trak's Teeth that DON'T mention inter-species fighting.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

One theory I've heard on this is that since the frog shamans [incorrectly] have full PC spellbooks for their level, they easily overtake the other species. In other words, the inter-species fighting is classic, but the shamans in TT are too powerful.

I believe this is an entirely separate issue - the fighting just isn't supposed to be occurring.

The goal of P99 is to create a museum in honor of the lion's share of the EQ servers, and not EQMac, right? If so, I know this behavior is wrong, and it almost completely ruins an otherwise magnificent zone... but proving it seems nearly hopeless. How can I hope to find a post or guide that explicitly states that you can expect default inter-species behavior in this zone?
Old 07-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Have you ever considered that these Frogs are still under Trakanon's rule? They don't attack the undead because - well - that's Trakanon's undead slaves. However everything else MUST be and WILL be destroyed.

Just a thought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

frogs also got bad eyes :c i not be surprised if they don't even know they sharing they swamp with ghosts :c
Old 07-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Large Bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY
Old 07-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
frogs also got bad eyes :c i not be surprised if they don't even know they sharing they swamp with ghosts :c
Just curious, have you suffered a brain injury in the past? You articulate yourself in an interesting manner.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

^
Closed Thread