Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sebilis Disco

Is pretty bad. I was on Loraen near the two bugs at the entrance with a charmed pet; I ran down to look at Gruplinort's PH and ran back when I suddenly saw my message box spammed with pet ds messages; it aggroed the entire tunnel leading down to the disco.

I've also had problems with my monk pulling into the frenzied pox scarab's room.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Most pathing has been pretty borked since the last patch. Mobs returning home are especially susceptible to ghosting/teleporting. I'd probably give them a chance to fix the overall system before bringing up specific problems.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is pretty bad. I was on Loraen near the two bugs at the entrance with a charmed pet; I ran down to look at Gruplinort's PH and ran back when I suddenly saw my message box spammed with pet ds messages; it aggroed the entire tunnel leading down to the disco.

I've also had problems with my monk pulling into the frenzied pox scarab's room.
Don't put your pet on guard - check my bug thread.

Also, don't pull caster mobs and then get out of their LoS.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Mobs fall through floor seemingly at random in the disco area. Puller had to camp out numerous times to wipe aggro.

It's not just pets - mobs are also falling through. Not restricted to casters - melee mobs also.

In addition, in some spots in disco mobs cannot be attacked.
Last edited by Adolphus; 04-05-2014 at 05:19 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Developer

I believe most of these issues were resolved, reply here if you still see this happening with specifics.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't put your pet on guard - check my bug thread.
This is still happening. Charmed pets cannot guard.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:43 AM
Kobold

Resurrecting this thread because mob pathing at disco in Sebilis is definitely still bugged (and I'm sure it is in other places in Sebs as well, disco is just the camp I experienced this at).

In particular, the pathing inside the room with the frenzied pox scarab spawn at disco is bad. When mobs decide to flee in this room, they will very frequently make a beeline for the south wall. If they reach it, they warp down to the myconid spore area, which will of course cause a massive train if the party does not immediately camp. Pets will also warp down to the myconid area if they are chasing a mob when this occurs.
Last edited by Heebs13; 07-23-2017 at 02:46 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resurrecting this thread because mob pathing at disco in Sebilis is definitely still bugged (and I'm sure it is in other places in Sebs as well, disco is just the camp I experienced this at).

In particular, the pathing inside the room with the frenzied pox scarab spawn at disco is bad. When mobs decide to flee in this room, they will very frequently make a beeline for the south wall. If they reach it, they warp down to the myconid spore area, which will of course cause a massive train if the party does not immediately camp. Pets will also warp down to the myconid area if they are chasing a mob when this occurs.
Re-resurrecting this thread because Heebs has described exactly what happened to my group tonight. Fortunately, I was streaming at the time, and so I've clipped the relevant incident. I've also heard reports of this happening to many other groups over the years. Having a person snare mobs will certainly mitigate the risk (I was using a Silken Whip of Ensnaring in my offhand, but it failed to proc on this particular mob before it ran).

In my video, the frog is meleed to low hp near the corner, when it decides to flee. It walks to a node near the south wall, then appears to keep going through the wall, dropping down on the other side. Most of the group (wisely) decides to camp except for the enchanter who (rather selflessly) decides to wait and mez the room spawns as they pop, as well as his charmed pet. He's aware of the inevitable train, so he waits near the door, and I decided to wait near the bed, out of line of sight. Near the end of the clip, you can see the enchanter (Faux) get wrecked by mushrooms just outside in my combat log (lower left hand chat window).

I hope this helps in your investigations.