Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Unique donation to support project1999's development for Luclin/PoP releases
I do not wish to donate, I am contempt with current content. 128 39.14%
0 to 25 $ 57 17.43%
50 to 100 $ 63 19.27%
100 to 500 $ 29 8.87%
500 to 1000 $ 5 1.53%
1000 to 5000 $ 1 0.31%
5000 to 10000 $ 0 0%
10000 $ to 15000 $ 3 0.92%
15000 $ + 41 12.54%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:13 AM
Aviak

It seems pretty clear to me, and this poll is showing thus far, that the majority of people's classic experience doesn't rely on end game content. There is a lot of content aside from end game, and chilling with friends playing the game is good enough. To most people, the game is more about friends and people than it is content. Take away the people, and the end game content becomes empty and meaningless, am I wrong? A minority seem to want the majority of people that aren't completely focused on end game to cater to them. Are you upset that casual, non end game players have enough fun without being obsessed with end game?

I played this other game that came out in 1999 called Starsiege Tribes, some might have heard of it. My personal all time favorite game, still play that one too. Back in it's heyday, there were online ladders and leagues that teams would compete in. There was always one team that would dominate the #1 spots on those ladders. It's the way life fucking is. Did teams just quit the server, or demand that special rules or changes be put into place so that one team didn't dominate the top? Fuck no.

In the end, it makes much more sense for the server to be catered to the majority, even if they don't even care about end game, and just want a trilogy experience, than to implement things just for a small minority who are butt hurt because the top is dominated and they can't do anything about it.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus3t11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider donating directly to Daybreak Games
This should never be a thing.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Banned

DBG should just buy p99 then legalize RMT but take 70% of profits.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Post level 60 exp packs would kinda break the point of p99?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Stop at Pop!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

just had a revolutionnary idea... if they release luclin it could actually be fun.

Grief so hard make the server unplayable. the Paludal Caverns Train wars. Screaming slurs in the bazaar, Dial a Port boycotting the Nexus and putting scouts there so they could monitor who takes nexus ports and then blacklisting those people.

the opportunities here are AMAZING
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screaming slurs in the bazaar,
The chat windows in bazaar are irrelevant, as there would no longer be any communication. Most would probably even have their chat windows minimized.

Quote:
Dial a Port boycotting the Nexus and putting scouts there so they could monitor who takes nexus ports and then blacklisting those people.
With free ports to every continent, I would think that the need for ports would drastically decrease to the point where Dial a Port probably wouldn't be a thing anymore. (I know that when Luclin was introduced on live, people would still pay for ports, but you certainly couldn't make a living of it anymore like you can on P99).
Old 07-24-2017, 05:49 PM
Banned

got any other ideas for how we could ruin the p99 experience if luclin dropped then Silken? thanks for poking holes in my strategem, we need a solid plan in case of the worst.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DaP is far faster than Luclin era fast travel options. Lol.
Obviously. People would still use druids for porting, I just don't believe that they would enough to sustain an enormous guild full of people, that solely exists to port people.

Quote:
Not quite the death of Social Life as some people have made it out to be.
It actually was though. I know this because I was actually playing the game when Luclin was released.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

I was a 50's Wizard when Luclin came out. Yes, my primary source of income was destroyed. I had to switch to camping spawns until I was high enough to quad in CS for gem money (by then PoP was out). I left myself at lvl 55 (switched to aa) and just used that char to farm money for my cleric.

It's not just about income though - it's about feeling useful. At least druids could still buff/heal/PL. I had O'Keil's radiation...

Hence the switch to cleric.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread