Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Large Rat

Default Necro pet equipment

So I have been playing a necro for a couple of hours and noticed that several things, including zoning, will despawn my pet. I gave the pet some equipment and when I zoned, I had hoped that the new pet would spawn *with all that equipment*, but this was not the case.

So, am I correct in assuming that anything I give my pet is lost forever when I zone?
Old 07-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Yep.

Anything you give a summoned pet is gone for good, whether you zone or not.

A charmed pet you can kill and get the stuff back from.

For now, I don't think giving a pet any gear really matters except for:
Some weapons and Muzzle of Mardu (summoned pet haste item)

Armor doesn't mean anything to give to a pet, as far as I know for now

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 07-12-2017, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Not true. Pets will wear armor and it has a dramatic impact on their survivability. Whether or not it's worth it to give your pet gear ... in general no. If you're hunting somewhere that drops ringmail, bronze, patchwork etc that will otherwise rot and you're going to keep the pet a while - possibly. High level people looking to maintain a single pet to tank for them (summoned or charmed) - might be worth it to carry a few pieces around.

For the enchanter/cleric or ench/sham duos out there - totally worth it to carry around a set of bronze. The pet will mitigate much better and you can snag the gear off the mob when you're done using it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-12-2017, 01:49 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

sub lv39 summon just give pet a torch and call it a day.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sub lv39 summon just give pet a torch and call it a day.
This shall be done for pets which can dual wield. Unfortunately, it is not the case for early ones.

However, giving a 2H weapon such as rusty halberd or a greatstaff with 9 or 10 damage on it will make your early pets hit stronger than without weapon till their innate damage is higher than 20s
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 07-12-2017, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. Pets will wear armor and it has a dramatic impact on their survivability. Whether or not it's worth it to give your pet gear ... in general no. If you're hunting somewhere that drops ringmail, bronze, patchwork etc that will otherwise rot and you're going to keep the pet a while - possibly. High level people looking to maintain a single pet to tank for them (summoned or charmed) - might be worth it to carry a few pieces around.

For the enchanter/cleric or ench/sham duos out there - totally worth it to carry around a set of bronze. The pet will mitigate much better and you can snag the gear off the mob when you're done using it.
Good to know.
I'll start feeding my pet armor to use

171 research skill
Old 07-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Banned

yeah I wonder what beninfit umbra gives, tecmos, IM sure you parsed it, how much protection does umbra provide to a pet?
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

there are some good -5 pants and sleeves that also provide ac from stonebront (that you cant get easily cus trivial loot code is the devil)
Old 07-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Something of note that I have noticed, and if there is any correction about it please do so.

If you give a charmed pet a no drop weapon, and it might happen with armor too, they do not use it. It just goes poof.

That is probably to keep people from looting something in a high level area, such as the planes, and then charming an orc pawn to give it that item and then to let someone else loot it.

As far as summoned pets go, since anything given to them doesn't come back, I believe they can use no drop items.

171 research skill
Closed Thread