Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How did you make your decision on which guild to join?

My main character (wizard) will be 47 tonight and Im thinking its time to join a guild since I meet or will soon meet most guilds minimum level requirements. Ive been reading, researching and I know as an EST player who wants to do casual raiding there are say 10 or so guilds that appear to fit those requirements.

Ive met nice people from many different guilds so the argument that the guild has nice people isnt really a distinguishing characteristic.

I also dont like the try it and if you dont like it move on to another model, although it is sometimes unavoidable.

I didnt know anyone when I started playing here so I dont have any past relationships to influence me.

I know I will get the response of talk to some people in game and get a feel for the guild but very few would actually say anything bad about their guild.

So in the end how did you decide which guild you joined? What advice would you give me to help decide?
Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Aviak

If you're joining a raiding guild of any sort, I think one thing you have to consider is your preference for distributing raid loot. For example, some guilds do DKP (Personally I say "F*ck that bullsh*t"), some do /random for all, others do a loot council for all or some items.

I personally think the best blend is loot council for higher tier items and /random for mains that need.

I think the guild environment is a big thing as well. Grant it, you've met a lot of nice people, but have you met people that are guild tagged and communicated with them over a length of time?

Those are just the two things that made my choice for my guild much easier.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Most guilds have a site where you can check out the type of guild they are (and how they are progressing). The guild discussion here can also be helpful as most of them post updates once or twice a week. Tbh, I like to think the application stage of joining a guild goes both ways. If after 30 days (or less) you decide that the guild may not be for you or your play-style, you can simply /guildremove and find another. The good news is that we have all types of guilds here, from super casual to responding to batphones at 3am on a Tuesday.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Kobold

1. DKP or not

DKP to me is for those that have that unlimited time to stare at walls, track, sock, be warm bodies..etc. Not knocking it by any means. It's just not for me. See below.

2. Raid Schedule. I've have tons of other shit going on. My weekends will rarely ever be spent on EQ.

3. Bat phone < Career, Harley, shows, fun, doing dishes, urinating, and any other life activity you can possibly mention.

4. Reputation. See: the always entertaining Forums.

Been guild-less for a long time. Pick up groups and hosted open raids have been my forte here.
It depends on what you want and what you have the time for honestly. That's it.
I love this game. It started it all and still is one of the best. It's still a game.
Last edited by Mortiis; 07-17-2017 at 04:38 PM..
Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Default Will it be fun?

I think you should at least start by looking at guilds where you know people, or have liked the people you've met. Nothing makes a guild or a raid a miserable experience like not being able to stand most of the people you are spending hours of your time with.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Join the best guild on the server and spend less time for the most gain.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Kobold

Depends on what you are looking for but for me this is a good litmus test.

Q) Do my beard and pubes need to be tied together like Velcro?

A) No ... Still a contender.

Q) Do you have a lot of actual humans that breathe through nose at times?

A) Yes ... Still a contender.

Q) Do I need to maintain a percentage of raid attendance or you will tar and feather me and push me off a cliff and yell "fly chicken!"?

Q) Does your guild publish most of it's posts (75% or more) in RNF?

Q) Do you use other guilds to equip your alts with epics?

Q) Is real life EQ?

Q) Do you give casuals loot sometimes if they are trying to help the guild?

A) Yes ... Still a contender.

That would be a reasonable list of my validation checks.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

I observe guildmates grouping(xping) together. IF I see this a lot thats a good sign. I avoid any guild with mandatory raiding ( as I dont like raiding) or mandatory use of some voice chat thingy. I also do a /who all <guildname> to see what is the primary level and how many are on at my play time. I also talk to people about their guild
Old 07-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

The raid scene is toxic join Dial a Port and wait for what's to come.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Plot twist: DaP becomes #1 raid guild on p99

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Closed Thread