Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 03:19 AM
Fire Giant

Default Items Just Not Worth The Time Spent Camping

I thought of this topic when I was in hour five of waiting for Hadden to spawn in Qeynos Hills and hoping it wouldn't all be a waste of time... My reward, a fishing pole and 1 platinum. Hadden, who has the Fishbone Earring only spawn everything 6 hours and if not killed within 20 minutes, despawns. But if you do fight him when he spawns, there is the chance he won't even have the Fishbone Earring. I wasted six hours for nothing... I could made 3K and just bought the damn item from someone who was lucky enough to waste all their time and just happen to get it.

What other items besides the Fishbone Earring is just not worth getting because of the wasted time and very slim chances of the item dropping?

I was thinking of the Goblin Gazughi Ring. Great item to use when animal charming but I did all my levels without it and had no problems with animal charming. I might get it if I decide to hit the Polar Bear caves in Permafrost but I can always buy it now.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl
Old 07-19-2017, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

I forgot to add before people decide to bitch me out about why I wasted all that time on Hadden.

I ran into Qeynos Hills and anytime I zone in. I'll run past and see who is camping Hadden. This time when I did, no one was there. So, I stopped for a minute and the directors cut of Alien came on Cinemax, followed by Aliens. Next thing I know... Close to five hours went by and thats when I asked myself, what in the hell am I doing?
Old 07-19-2017, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking of the Goblin Gazughi Ring.
Me too. It can easily take 10+ hours to get one. Much easier to farm 7k in that time.

Also, Glowing Black Stone. You'd probably go insane trying to camp Pyzjin.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

The technique to Hadden is to leave a character AFK at his spawn point for 6 hours, e.g. while at work or whatever you do with your day/night.

Your logs should pick up when Hadden was killed (and by who) so you can attempt to lock down the next spawn.

The earring is a 1/4 drop, so besides the original AFK to capture the respawn time it doesn't need to be a big time investment.

Hadden is also pretty low level, so you can park an alt in the 30s there to switch & kill once he is due. As such camping Hadden will not necessarily make a significant negative impact on your main plat farmers inflow.

Edit: ah you ninja'd me, well at least you had your movie :P.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-19-2017 at 03:47 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good shout out but at least you will get some meh money drop items while farming for this. But yeah... been there on and off for maybe 30 hours so far and have not gotten one.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to make a big shout out to my man Maliant who has often let me AFK leach xp on my characters while he locks down this camp.

Did you get it yet?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Kobold

Just my 2c but Ive made some great money camping the gobby gazughi ring. Pretty simple to do and can normally snag one within in an hour or 2. If i haven't gotten one in that time ill walk away and try again later.

Pyzjn is also very easy to spawn if you know how to, the GBS just isn't as sought after much these days.

With that out of the way i would say I have spent countless hours trying to get a staff of dreaded gaze from xalgoz that i could have bought a few from gob ring sales.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

Nope, Ginnas linked the #1 contender, man is that item rare. Used to see Ginnas there all the time too, did you ever get yours Ginnas?

Another contender is Staff of the Dreaded Gaze which I spent way too much time camping for when I could have got the plat from seafuries in under 1/10th the time. But the Wurm Lord Shawl I spent probably 10x as much time and still haven't seen it. I have got all of the ultra-rare drops many times and capped out 60 and sacc'd myself I think 10 times. Keep in mind the exp is horrible because I FD every kill and pet takes most the exp. It's by far the rarest item I've ever encountered (not encountered) in any game.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Kobold

Gatorscale Leggings sometimes luck is not on my side. 4 days lots of sleeves lots of gators before I got one to drop.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Closed Thread