Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which class to start pre lvl 20 is a real punch in the face?
Enchanter 11 7.86%
Magician 3 2.14%
Necromancer 2 1.43%
Wizard 52 37.14%
Cleric 4 2.86%
Druid 2 1.43%
Shaman 5 3.57%
Bard 0 0%
Monk 3 2.14%
Ranger 5 3.57%
Rogue 13 9.29%
Paladin 5 3.57%
Shadow Knight 7 5.00%
Warrior 28 20.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Kobold

I voted for necromancer not because it is actually harder to play at these levels than any other class, but rather because the necro is so overpowering at these levels I find myself taking chances I would not take on my wizard.

So, I end up dying more on my necro than I do on my wizard. Granted, my necro dies to yellows and reds but still I would never bother with a yellow or red with my wizard. So, my necro has caused me more frustration from my own stupidity than my paper thin wizard ever has.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Rog for the first 9 levels then wizard. Warriors come in 2nd/3rd for 9-20. Dodge parry duel wield and double attack in the teens paired with higher innate hp help them not absolutely suck ... but they really need to be working bind wound from level 2-3 which is expensive during a true classic experience where every last plat is much needed for gear. Prior to level 9, warriors have an edge on knights and rangers as they don't yet have spellbooks.

Globally for the full scope of 1-20 ... warrior vs wizard without twinking.

WITH twinking, no melee class has it rough. Fungi or ikky regen + haste + weapon is a whole 'nother brand of easy. Even without haste or regen, a cheap but good weapon, set of banded, and 2x 5ac/55hp rings (all for less than 750plat) makes life as a low level toon insanely easy compared to rocking it raw with tattered cloth and rusty weapons.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-24-2017 at 06:45 AM..
Old 07-24-2017, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

This is toss up I think - Melee classes even warrior have 2 advantages in early levels starting fresh over the wizard. #1 Gear donations from Higher level players help them more (Simply put even crap hand me downs will make a melee way stronger early game). #2 Donated buffs are more advantageous to melee (Get thorns and hp buffs and regen? or haste tossed your way? yea these go farther on a melee toon). Sure casters have clarity but your still casting lower level spells which are only going to do so much damage - health buffs help casters too but going toe to toe as a caster is never as good as a melee. Unless your like Snapcaster and rock a primal brawl stick on a wizard =p

>1-4, No class has trouble in these levels, regardless of the nukes you have here you can stab stuff with a rusty dagger to get this far

>8 & 12, you have Fire bolt (51d:40m) and shock of lightning(83d:60) orc cent's and whatnot and dervs have mid 200 to 300ish health - so around 4 to 5 nukes, haven't leveled one but I'm guessing you should have 200ish mana by this point seems pretty double + some stabbing damage - finding spots where you can pull just one mob might be the harder part - Mana efficient wise could quad Kite this level if given SoW and clarity at the tunnel

>level 16 you have a 110dmg nuke for 75mana, (deep water caimen *a blue con to 20ish*) have 430 to 460ish health - pretty sure you will have 300ish mana + a little extra for a finishing nuke by the mid teens to painfully solo like this

That said its a lot easier for any melee to "get ahead" in the early levels by the kindness of a higher level player, 1 measly weapon from kunark or velious that is garbage to the high level player thrown to a newbie melee makes things much better for them. While they are not going to be outpacing one of the pet classes or charm classes (enc , druid, necro, magi) as early level pets and charms are just stupidly good, it will give them an easy edge over wizard

So I think wizard has it worse.... because I'm fairly certain any low level warrior running around would MOST likely get a starter weapon passed his way by the teens - These starter weapons most likely some junk from kunark but will be vastly better than most classic weapons even possible.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't this question just get asked last ~week

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277463

---
No veteran p99 players levels 1-20 normally... They all do turn in quests like crushbone belts. So the answers you receive will have very little backing to them.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-24-2017 at 09:24 AM..
Old 07-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Banned

I have always leveled my toons the straight up legit way.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't this question just get asked last ~week

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277463

---
No veteran p99 players levels 1-20 normally... They all do turn in quests like crushbone belts. So the answers you receive will have very little backing to them.
i don't do that. i mean if I get belts while leveling maybe I turn them in, but I equally likely to sell them :3
Old 07-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Large Bat

Rangers are the worstest class hands down!
Closed Thread