Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Orc

Default How do I survive as an Iksar outside of Kunark?

Hey all,

I've been working on leveling an Iksar Shaman and I'd like to bring him over to Antonica around level 20 or so and start doing Guk. Obviously Iksar are pretty much universally hated, but I see plenty of them away from home that seem to be doing just fine.

Does anyone have some info on vendors and routes of travel that would be relatively safe? I was thinking I'd just get a port to Ro Desert and then bind myself outside of Guk and have my friend bank/sell for me, but if there are any vendors that are chill with me, that would be very useful knowledge.

Any advice on this matter is appreciated!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Large Rat

I don't have any first hand experience, but I would give this page a look:

https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Iksa...Through_Murder

It's a faction guide tailored for iksar. I've found it interesting reading even as a troll. I believe gypsies should sell to you so knowing where to find them is important.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

With my iksar in the past, I loaded up on spells I needed up to 29 lvl or so. That saved me from having to monkey with spells in ogre/troll cities for awhile.

You can also always create an alt for troll/ogre cities, and pass gems to the alt by ground drop to then sell for plats then buy your own spells, then drop them in bags to your character needing the spells.

If you got a friend that can buy spells then all of that isn't necessary...

One thing to know is once you can invis, you can easily bank in Freeport. You simply hide behind wall, where no guards can see you, rotate camera so you can view the banker and click him, then voila you may bank there.

I always brought my iksar to EC area as a lowbie, killed tons of orcs to work EC vendor factions, and then gathered tons of belts turning them in to WFP NPC for more faction with FP militia.

My iksar necro ended up able to freely walk through FP, no guards attacked me. The spellcasting NPCs still hated me though etc.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I made a guide on Iksar faction for the wiki (still in progress - edit: someone already linked it gasp) that's mostly relevant to p99, including a section on friendly vendors at the beginning. It's still in progress.

Once you hit 29, you'll have invis on your shaman and can bank in FP yourself (here's the path to the bank for Iksar, avoiding the bard guild where the GM will wreck your face if he spots you - my monk is non-KoS to NFP guards, only took 600 deathfist orc kills!).

What a lot of people will do is murder a ton of orcs/gnolls in highpass until non-KoS, then turn in scalps until they can use the banker in high keep (watch out for Ran Flamespinner behind one of the doors near the bank). The scalps have an added bonus of raising faction with corrupt qeynos guards and freeport militia.

As a shaman you might want access to Oggok or Grobb for training, but I'm not sure how to raise those particular factions.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is amazingly helpful, thank you so much!
(also top kek at the title of the guide)
Old 07-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Iksar Survival in classic zones quite honestly is easy, barely anything see's invis in classic, can use bankers even if they are KoS (around corners like freeport), Monks can use any merchant in the game with sneak *provided its in a safe spot and other stuff wont attack them*, And there are several zones with gypsies in classic who don't care that you are an anthropomorphic lizard for your vendor needs. Kunark may have Cabalis so its easier to go there and get your spells but you can always ask other players to pick up spells for you if you feel you cant get to the merchant or the merchant wont sell to you in Classic.

As a Shaman - SoW @9, Invis @ 29 can see u thru most of Classic EQ
As a Necromancer - Invis @ 8 , Feign death @ 16
As a Monk - Sneak @ 8 (Forces con indiff from behind) and Feign death @ 17
As a ShadowKnight - Both Invis and Feign death @ 30
As a Warrior - God speed and good luck, you'll need it. (Make friends have other people bank and vendor for you - maybe get non-kos to 1town like freeport for ease of use)

So in order of ease for Iksar being all KOS and what not id say Monk is easiest - Simply put sneak is a wildly underestimated ability - Cheating faction for quests, and vendors and banks makes the whole being KoS thing almost completely trivial - at low levels not having invis can be annoying (High level gaurds hit hard!) so may need to ask for invis, but at high levels on a 60 monk you could quite frankly not even care about being KoS just runt thru down, feign death, sneak and use the merchants you want and go on about your business.

Next would probably be Necromancer - early invis and feign death, then Shaman a later Invis than necromancer but 1 level earlier than SK, but SoW more than makes up for this, being able to run from an accidental guard aggro or something will save your scales maybe once or twice. Then comes SK which will be easier than necromancer once you finally get invis and FD cause you will be slightly tankier if a guard does happen to punch you. And finally Iksar warrior.... well just make a lot of friends and you might want to get on the good side of 1 city for ease of use for vendors and bankers
Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a shaman you might want access to Oggok or Grobb for training, but I'm not sure how to raise those particular factions.
First, thank you for the guide. It's been helpful on my troll as I said. I look forward to killing gnomes to raise my Dead faction (even if I don't really need to).

You may have already considered it, but there is a deathfist belt turn-in in grobb that raises shaman faction. I don't know what level of relationship you need go do it. However, whoever added it to the wiki said it gotten from scowling to dubious, so there must be some way.

https://wiki.project1999.com/More_Help_for_Innoruuk

Although, as someone who made his first plat buying spells for visitors, I am partial to the hire-a-newbie route [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Pre buy all your spells =)
Old 07-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Orc

I know you're a shaman, but for Iksar Necro, Call of Bones skeleton form makes you welcome in all evil cities.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Orc

1- screw faction work, huge waste of time outside of quests you want to do as a shaman.

2- bind at the docks in Oasis.

3- Levi/scale of the wolf buff & run south to the fire pot room after taking raft to TD zone in. Invis depending on city of choice.

Been doing this pretty much since server start, you can be in any zone from classic-kunark in about 10 mins, the city's in 5 mins give or take. Your bound within striking distance of EC, 3 best pre 45 dungeons (guk, sol A & B)
Last edited by chris.hijiri; 07-20-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Closed Thread