Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Kobold

On my iksar war what I did was get to lvl 25, head to the Warrens and clear it until I got to amiable in Paineel. All of that city is just on 1 faction, ¨The Heretics¨. It´s much easier to port to than Cabilis and you can kill the guards for plat without messing your faction.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 07-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookstinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the red wine quest turn-in NPC start out as KoS? If so, what's the best way to get around that to do the turn-in? Wolf or skeleton illusion? Or is there another way?
The turn-in NPC is NOT kos.

There's 3 parts of neriak:

- Foreign Quarter: Usually just passing thru. Some vendors. Some guild NPCs may still be hostile after the red wine quest

- Commons: Bank and vendors. But avoid wiz/ench/necr guild hall (map loc 6); There is a guy there named Ranzan F'lok on a different faction, you'll still be KOS after red wine quest. BTW, he wanders about sometimes, so keep an eye out.

- 3rd gate: Gotta go here for the quest turn in. clerics guild and lotsa guards here on a different faction; you'll still be KOS after red wine quest. Fortunately, you probably wont need to ever go back to 3rd gate after the quest turn in.

You need to invis all the way into the 3rd gate to get to the quest npc, but he's alone in his room so you can stay there until your turn-ins are done (about 3 full backpacks of stacked red wine bottles!).

To check to see if your faction is high enough, go outside the library at the top of the steps. There's a guard on the "dreadguard inner" faction that paths nearby and you can "con" his legs as he passes an archway. Once he's apprehensive, you're good to go.

You'll still need to invis to get back out of the 3rd gate (unless you can gate/port), but after the quest you can enter the foreign quarter and commons to bank/vend.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Banned

Just wanted to point out something I didn't know when I first started my Necro here: Call of Bones (30-34 or so) for Necromancer turns you into a skeleton. Skeletons have pretty good factions just about everywhere and you can use skel forum to shop around.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

As an iksar shaman, by the time it matters you will have the tools to go wherever you like. Once you get invis you can easily bank in enough cities. As far as merchants go. Dial a port from where you are to anywhere but north Karana and sell at the Druid merchants.

It's also not that hard to raise faction in a couple major cities like Freeport or neriak as others have pointed out.

Or you could make a bank alt and do transfers to them when needed. It's not hard to find someone willing to do a transfer in the tunnel. I've never been robbed and trusted strangers with multiple tink bags/thousands of plat/other goodies. Just find some tunnel fatcat and ask for a moment of there time. Many dial a port members offer transfers as part of there service, and for a fee will pick up an item and take it to wherever you need it dropped off if you and your alt are in different zones. Have done this many a time on my DaP'er.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the info boffius. I know Neriak well enough to get around but it's super helpful knowing who is still KOS after the faction work. Cheers mate!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boffius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a guy there named Ranzan F'lok on a different faction, you'll still be KOS after red wine quest. BTW, he wanders about sometimes, so keep an eye out.
I believe he one-shots idiot adventurers by the bank quite often. Constant vigilance!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Iksar have Cazic as their deity. Paineel is the only other city that universally serves Cazic. Go to warrens, butcher the whole zone 2-3 times and get amibily and u should be able to get the key and use any service in the whole city. no shaman vendors, but it'll be a 100% safe city.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my iksar war what I did was get to lvl 25, head to the Warrens and clear it until I got to amiable in Paineel. All of that city is just on 1 faction, ¨The Heretics¨. It´s much easier to port to than Cabilis and you can kill the guards for plat without messing your faction.
I forgot to mention some other things I did for faction.

You can tag Sir Lucan whenever he's being killed by any pal doing their epic or a raid guild members trying to get a Soulfire. IIRC 1 faction hit will be enough to put you non kos with the NFP guards. 3 will be enough to get to the amiable/ally range. If you hunt in Mistmoore you'll get faction with the bard guild also in NFP. As for the banker I've never bothered to faction him for it. Never really needed it.

The other factioning I did was in Thurg. Just filled my bags with arrows and waited for a ring war. Tab targeted and tagged all of the mobs. You can go quite easily from apprehensive to warmly in 1 ring war. Factioning for this city is not required but its certainly very useful since you will most likely be getting Thurg gear later on.

So basically you can bank in Paineel from lvls 20 to 30, Thurg from 30 to 40, and Cabilis from 40 to 60 if you do CoM/Seb in that range.

Hope that helps.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 07-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
butcher the whole zone 20-30 times and get amibily
You left off a zero.