Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Skeleton

Lightbulb Curious About Project1999

Hi there,

Just some personal history to start out, I played on Innoruuk for a couple years (using this character name) way back in, well, 1999 and enjoyed every bit of it. Hung around 'til Velious, then decided to hang it up.

I wanted to give the classic EQ a shot again as I had heard a lot about emulators bringing back the old-time feel and gameplay that I had loved so much. I came across your particular attempt at doing so and I was intrigued to say the least.

My question is this: I understand that you're replicating classic EQ as much as you can, but how likely is it that you'll stay true to that? As I see it, current EQ has roughly a hundred thousand expansions ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) and I'd hate to see the emulator "become" that. I'd really like to keep it to the original, Kunark and maybe Velious, but no more.

If it's progressing towards entering all aspects of EQ to the emulator, will there be a server available for those of us who don't want it to go so far?

I have a copy of Titanium on order and am waiting on pins and needles to get back in the game.

Thanks so much for what you're doing AND for this fan base who's supporting the cause!

"All hail Bertoxxulous!"
Old 12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Skeleton

obligatory OMG A GIRL

Joking aside, P99 is slated to go up to Velious, so it should be right up your alley.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Woohoo, another fellow Innoruuk'er.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

hi my name is Karsten! I too am waiting on pins and needles for you to install the game, and welcome!

<3
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Skeleton

Thumbs up

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Just to note, not a girl, but all of my old characters were female. I figured if I was going to be looking at the backside of a 'toon, it'd better be a lady's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I never played in full screen and I much prefered to play with the spell bars and chat windows outside of the gameplay window. Can't remember the exact name of that particular view, but it was the one that the game started you out in upon first entry. Is that one still available or do I have to use full screen?

I've been watching some videos of Project1999 in action and I must say it's looking great. Trying to find one representative of Level 1 Qeynos, but I'm coming up with nothing. I spent a lot of time in the sewers beneath Qeynos and I think I remember my way around in there still.

Good to hear that the game's going up to Velious.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Carouselle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to note, not a girl, but all of my old characters were female. I figured if I was going to be looking at the backside of a 'toon, it'd better be a lady's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bahahaha

welcome!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Carouselle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to note, not a girl,
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

I played on Inny before it became Nameless, so welcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know everyone is male until proven female in theory but in actuality people are nicer to female avatars and if you have to stare at the backside of something in skimpy armor all day it might as well be female right? ;p

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi my name is Karsten! I too am waiting on pins and needles for you to install the game, and welcome!

<3
Quote:
Just to note, not a girl, but all of my old characters were female.

LOL Karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by StealthAF; 12-06-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Frequently Asked Questions much?

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread