Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Raptors - Timorous Deep

The raptors are currently behaving nothing like they did on live. There are 2 things:

1) The spawn points/pathing is not the same. The "big island" (west) should only have 2 roamers and 6 statics (and an additional static on the north beach), and the small island should have 1 roamer and 5 statics.

2) Aggro range is potentially too large. Or it could be the fact that some of the pathing is taking them to where the safe spot is no longer safe.

Below is a link to an old raptor quadding guide. The wayback machine preserved the information, but there was also a map that showed the spawn points and the pathing. I have a copy of the map that I printed and put in a binder, but I cannot find it on the internet anywhere. I could scan it in if it would be helpful.

See the attached link to support all of this.

http://replay.web.archive.org/200202...ris/raptor.htm
Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

The agro range is fine, feels very close to classic. Problems are all caused by too many roamers/improper pathing. Ive noticed it wasnt right as well. I just was not 100% sure on where they should be so i never broguht it up.

Scan and upload the map it wouldnt hurt.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Attached is the scan of the map indicating spawn points and pathing of the wanderers.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Please fix.

Not that it makes a big difference but Dinus should be regular size.

Asher
Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please fix.

Not that it makes a big difference but Dinus should be regular size.

Asher
Makes a difference for Bards who want to aoe kite them.. I had to OT hammer out of TD once because Dinus was just being too much of a b.

Also, I looked into this pretty thoroughly when Kunark was still in Beta and the aggro range seems fine - all the sources I looked at said the raptors had a very large aggro radius. Then again a lot of sources also said that the raptors were able to gate..
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I looked into this pretty thoroughly when Kunark was still in Beta and the aggro range seems fine - all the sources I looked at said the raptors had a very large aggro radius. Then again a lot of sources also said that the raptors were able to gate..
Raptors do indeed have a large radius. But I played a wizard 10 years ago and you could sit at the safe spot and not draw aggro. Secondly, you would pull the 2 wanderers and the 2 southernmost raptors on the big island and quad along the south beach and not aggro the remaining 4 static raptors. I am not sure this is the case currently. Of course, I can't exactly test it if they are all roaming.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

They didn't gate. There was a bug with fleeing npcs that would sometimes cause them to warp back to their spawn point if you got too far away.
Closed Thread