Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Default An intervention for Troriste:

Hi pals,

At this point I feel it is appropriate to attempt to salvage what is left of this fellow's life. I've played games on and off for a while, I spent around 6 months playing wow, a bit in eqemu, and on sullon zek / diablo 2 when I was an angsty teenager. Without fail every time I quit i wonder whatever drove me to spend so much time playing such a shitty thing rather than enjoying real life.

It occurred to me, I know Troriste from sullon zek, he played 16+ hours a day then, he nerded out to 16 hours a day on his blue server before it was disbanded for exploiting dragons (lol irony), I saw his old eq nick registered on a no life guild playing wow a few years ago, and I know hes been playing non stop on blue99 since it was out.

Do you guys realize this is at least 12 years of playing video games non stop? 12 years. A dozen years, over 50,000 hours at the low end (only 12 hours a day calculated) spent on meaningless games and deleted pixels from when the game dies off. This is just from what I know, only he himself knows how long he has been addicted before I recognized him during my embarrassing teenage everquest days.

Can you seriously imagine what this must be like? At least a dozen years spent glued to the computer screen, furiously clicking away at pixels rather than building meaningful relationships, dating, educating oneself, going outside? I feel just awful reflecting on the months I've spent doing it, let alone over a decade.

Troriste/Nizzarr, please seek help if you have any hope left at all, thinking of your life seriously depresses the fuck out of me, I can't imagine what it must be like for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned

ID BE WILLING TO CONTACT CLOSE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES THAT STILL RECOGNIZE HIM
Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi pals,
Can you seriously imagine what this must be like? At least a dozen years spent glued to the computer screen, furiously clicking away at pixels rather than building meaningful relationships, dating, educating oneself, going outside? I feel just awful reflecting on the months I've spent doing it, let alone over a decade.
In his defense i am pretty sure he has 100 friends when he does /who friend all, he has a date with a dragon every week, there are still some everquest quest that are unsolved for more eqducation (and the most reliable source wikipedia for the outside pixel stuff)
Now going outside part - that is the big problem we must focus on and solve.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Without fail every time I quit i wonder whatever drove me to spend so much time playing such a shitty thing rather than enjoying real life
Yep.

I also extend this message to people who play ForumQuest99 all day as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

This is not the Rants and Flames forum.

Your thread is improperly placed.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not the Rants and Flames forum.

Your thread is improperly placed.
This is neither a rant nor a flame. Unfortunately, there is no forum for interventions. The other two options are an auction forum and a guild forum. Wouldn't you agree that 'general' is the best place for this thread as we do not have an intervention or advice forum?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

the only man that can help him is rogean
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Kobold

TBH there should be the name, guildtag, then playtime under the person's name so the 95% who would be shameful would not play as much and you know hit the gym MAYBE once a week - no pecks no sex bros
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Aviak

This isnt RnF Ban threadmaker pls
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread