Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Aviak

Default Rogue- possible to solo past 52?

Level 50 atm. Been soloing outside KC and BGs when's it's open. Anything else viable once that dries up? Using fungi/epic/SBC plus some other pretty decent gear.
If soloing is no longer viable; what are some good duo/trio spots 52+
Old 04-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

I'd be curious to hear from any rogues that actually soloed much past this point with success.

For Duo/Trio, grab a melee puller (monk/ranger/bard) and a shaman and you're an unstoppable trio. CoM 2nd floor, SOLB come immediately to mind, and KC/HS a little after.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Banned

Dug up some old posts from another forum. This was my buddies path to 60 as a solo rogue.

Quote:
Hunting Grounds
Level 1-8 in Steamfont from the newbie area until I maxed out on the kobold camp.
Level 8-13 in Butcherblock various mobs, bats, lower goblins, etc.
Level 13-14 in West Commons doing large spiders and wisps (some wisps would kick my ass and I'd have to zone them). Did lightstone quest in SRO after killing wisps for nice exp and 9.5 plat per Giant Lightstone and +Dark Elf faction.
Level 14-27 in North Karanas killing willowwisps and doing the lightstone quest. Killing lions and beetles etc. Avoiding griffons and scary fast things. The leveling here is super fast, lightstone quest is ridiculous exp.
Level 27-41 in South Karanas doing Aviaks of various types and I a little in LOIO for some Kunark flavor, but ended up going back to Aviaks. I used the bind wound macro from low 30s up to 37 and then stopped using it. It was making things way too easy.
Level 41-47 started in FV, but the mob ghosting since patch was making that zone worse than it should be so I moved over to OT and had a much easier time of things by killing (Thorny Succulants, Stoneleer Chickens, Berzerkers) . I'm agnostic so I can bank in OT. Sarnak Berzerker war braids are great exp too and quickly (30 turn-ins) got my faction for the OT hammer (which I have but won't proc till 50).
Level 47-49 I was having severe issues because rogues have a low hp pool. Mobs were sending me running for zonelines (strafing of course). I had to rely on North Karana to farm plat, by killing Hill Giants, Griffons, and wisps for the lightstone quest. It took me 2 weeks and I was able to raise 10k for my +5 regen bp (partially helped by a few Swarm Mother kills that netted me things like a blue diamond). I was also able to raise 2.2k to buy the two Blood Points and another 1.4k for a Locustlure. These items combine to help make it possible for me to kill low blues.
Level 49-54 Dreadlands killing occasional blues and greens that give exp (light blues). Hitting level 50 opened up better innate hp regen and also allowed me to use blood points for the siphon effect (80 HP life drain). These are important to my ability to solo, and even allow me to kill low blue mobs pretty consistently.
Level 54-56 Ocean of Tears killing Seafury Cyclops. This was a camp I had to take up in order to save up enough money for a fungi tunic. It took me roughly 7 weeks to save up enough plat. I also stayed here to earn money for other expensive armor items (ie Matchless Dragonleg Breeches, Silver Chitin Wristband, etc).
57 The Wakening Land killing Tar Goos.
58-59 The Wakening Land killing Geonids and Tar Goos (some still blue even at level 59). South Qeynos bank guards (bye bye Banker faction).
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Aviak

Hey that's some good trash right there. Might give seafuries a try.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Aviak

I dunno though. Lol seafuries have a lot of hp. I might get squished...
Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

I've duo'ed with a rogue on my bard in KC. Just pull whatever and snare/slow kite it around to hold aggro while rogue just goes bananas.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dug up some old posts from another forum. This was my buddies path to 60 as a solo rogue.
Goon spotted
Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

I did a fair amount of soloing 51+, but a majority of it was pre 56. Did a TON of soloing 51-60 on a ranger, so I've scouted some of the better spots. Also, alot of this will be next to impossible if you dont have intimidation and bind wound maxed (201+), and a fungi or myro bp will make this much easier

51 to 53 - sonic bats and lava beetles in SolB are still LB and have low hp, but if you get more than 1 you're in trouble. I found it easiest to pull at the SolB/SolA zoneline by the guano harvester path (ZL is marked "D" on the wiki map of SolB) and clear those bats and slowly progress deeper towards spiders. This is the only time i would NOT recommend fearing with intimidate and then regenning with BW or myro bp.

54 - WFP Guards Kroon and Inofus (might be one more), NFP Guard Hirazen and NRo Guards Brendyl, Fintran and Stoutman. All of high HP, all hit like a dumptruck. Proceed with caution, but can be done. Dark Blue con until 55. All close to zonelines, so if you screw up your pull, its not the longest trek to reset.

55 to 60 - My personal favorite: Nyzil Bloodforge in Butcherblock Mtns. Very low hp for his level, and a dark blue con until 60. Dogshit loot, and you might pull a guard, and the zoneline is very far away. Far and away the easiest dark blue mob to kill at 59, I've killed him possibly over 1,000 times (30% of 59 for a Ranger during Kunark Era, among other periods). Say goodbye to your dwarf guard rep, luckily you wont be KoS to every dwarf in Norrath.

General Strategy - fight until intimidate procs, as they run, bandage up or myro bp up. Works wonders with a fungi, as you can fight with the fungi and then swap it out for the myro bp or simply bandage ontop of it. If you aren't getting faceraped, follow the fear for backstabs.

Hope this helps!
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-25-2017, 07:16 PM
Aviak

Interesting! Definitely helps give me some new ideas. I'll give those sonic bats a try. My intimidate skill is 0 right now; read previously that it was nerfed hard and isn't any good. I remember from leveling my mage that Kroon and inofus are pretty beast; don't relish the thought of tangeling with them. Also as a dwarf; I would feel kinda bad killing other dwarfs, but then again I never had any qualms slaughtering gnomes in solA.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

I got to 51, and while I had some mixed success it slowed down too much for me to keep doing it.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Closed Thread