Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Orc

Default Want to start a dedicated group

Hey everybody. I'm coming back to EQEmu after a couple years gone. I've basically set aside my two characters (neither of which I ever got very high in level) and am starting up new toons. In this, I thought it would be a great idea to find 5 other players who can set aside 1 or 2 evenings a week to get together and level from 1-60 together. It would only take up one character slot to do this. And here are the guidelines I propose:

1) Communication- We need a way to communicate outside of EQ. Skype may be a great way to do this, or even a Facebook group (though Skype is preferable).

2) Roles- We need to have a strong group with tank, DPS, healer, CC, and nukes. So before the group starts, we would discuss what we're going to make.

3) Roleplay- The best part about EQ is the fact that it has such a heavy focus on character roleplay. That being said, I think it would be fun to roleplay as much as possible. Throw in a few race/class combinations to provide a challenge of getting everybody into the same cities, speak only in each others' languages, and have fun making a story. On that note, we will not start with twinking. All of us will work from the ground up to gain money and armor.

4) Leveling- These characters would be set aside to level ONLY on the nights set aside for the party. Tradeskills and whatnot would take place during the week's downtime when we aren't leveling. Obviously, it's fine if you have to kill an odd creature that aggros you, but otherwise, we try to level together. If a player misses a night in leveling, they can try to catch up, or just keep going in the next session.

5) Questing- We all have the occasional quests that we want to do to get gear and cash, right? Well lets all agree to help each other out on those quests, to keep the story and the roleplay going!

If anybody is interested or has any feedback (not disprespectful), please reply and message me! It would be great to get something like this going. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mikraken23; 06-08-2015 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikraken23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) Roleplay- The best part about EQ is the fact that it has such a heavy focus on character roleplay. That being said, I think it would be fun to roleplay as much as possible. Throw in a few race/class combinations to provide a challenge of getting everybody into the same cities, speak only in each others' languages, and have fun making a story. On that note, we will not start with twinking. All of us will work from the ground up to gain money and armor.
This sounds fascinating! I'd love to read about or watch this if you get it going. I wonder what you'd have to do starting out if you only spoke your native languages instead of Common.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds fascinating! I'd love to read about or watch this if you get it going. I wonder what you'd have to do starting out if you only spoke your native languages instead of Common.
I'd be happy to give you updates on what's happening. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Would you be interested in being a part of it?

Also, you'd have to start by teaching each other your native languages. What would probably end up happening is that everybody would settle into one language to speak to the group in.

But if it's too much, we could always just nerf that and stick to common.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like fun, but right now I'm focused on my current set of characters. I'd be down for the occasional shenanigans, though.

Retired from p99
Old 06-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

< interested
Old 06-09-2015, 03:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
< interested
Sounds great! We'll be glad to have you. When we get a few more takers, we'll start working out what nights we want to meet on.

What role are you hoping to play? I'm thinking I definitely want to be either a ranger or a dps caster.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like fun, but right now I'm focused on my current set of characters. I'd be down for the occasional shenanigans, though.
Maybe you can fill in if somebody in the core group can't make it on certain nights. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

What timezone are you in/planning to have the sessions?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sounds fun, what days and how many hours? Work and all you know how it is.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikraken23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you can fill in if somebody in the core group can't make it on certain nights. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure! If you get started without a full group, I do have a lower level character (lvl 8) who can join as well.

Retired from p99
Closed Thread