Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Default Meditation: Sit or Spellbook

I have a question on how meditate works in P99. I remember on original classic that in order to meditate, you had to have the spellbook open until you reached a certain level. Then once you hit that level, sitting was good enough.

Is that the case here? If so, what is that level you have to hit?

It's been 6 years since I retired from Live, and I can't remember half of this stuff.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Large Bat

Sitting is all that is required, as long as you are the appropriate level to have the Meditate skill.

Pure casters get Meditate at 4, Healers at 8, Hybrids at, uhh, 14? I don't remember precisely.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

The book was a client side function and as such is not implemented here. So, no book is needed to med. You just need to be the correct level to have the med skill (I think it was level 5 on my cleric?).
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

speaking of which, remember everyones old emote macros from back in the day? seems like every caster had a "/em opens up his/her spellbook and meditates" or somethin of the sort

as a warrior i had a few spoofs including opening up smutty magazines or pretending to know how to read.

maybe it was just a morell thule thing,
or maybe just a nub thing since i never made it very far past blackburrow til kunark's sarnak fort
Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Kobold

INT caster - Level 4
WIS caster - Level 8
Hybrid - Level 12

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Looking at other equivalents :-

Gate : INT 4, WIS 5
Bind : INT 12, WIS 14

Which is understandable, but Meditate should really have been 5 for WIS casters with their second round of spells, not 8.

Not something I'd quit the game over, just one of those annoying little quirks.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at other equivalents :-

Gate : INT 4, WIS 5
Bind : INT 12, WIS 14

Which is understandable, but Meditate should really have been 5 for WIS casters with their second round of spells, not 8.

Not something I'd quit the game over, just one of those annoying little quirks.
Well, to be fair, the WIS casters can actually wear an armor, so they can reasonably tank/melee until 8.

I've been playing a "battle druid", and I'm still tanking at 23. That will change at 24, but my defense, offense, 1HB and 1HS are all maxed at least.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, to be fair, the WIS casters can actually wear an armor, so they can reasonably tank/melee until 8.
With all that strength they have to carry their armor and weapons? Not to mention actually obtaining the armor (assuming no twinking)...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Kobold

I remember all the casters telling me "NIB"

and I was like "ill never play a caster, this is retarded"
Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Maybe it's obvious to everyone else, but i forgot to train a point into meditation when I hit level 8.

Remember to train a point into it!
Closed Thread