Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Well I hope some of us on p99 take the free time they are giving us to recruit people from Sony and spread the word about p99. We could use alot of fresh meat.

Nast Neach from iPhone
Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

I got the same email...
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS dont try that here or yo ass is banned.

I dont even think it works here but im not gonna find out. I propably shouldnt of said that, rog you can detelte that if its a problem, and i appoligize.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, banned for what.. exping? You're retarded if you think that's some big secret.
Im not going into more details because you oviously have no idea what im talking about.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Aviak

High Keep Nobles? Durr... Allow me to let you in on a little secret.. this game is almost 12 years old. You aren't some revolutionary trailblazer finding super sekret spots nobody knows about. It's all known and documented.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not going into more details because you oviously have no idea what im talking about.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Kobold

I changed my PW to something I'd never remember, and I'm too lazy to tell Sony I forgot my PW. Guess I won't be playing.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Aviak

Cool

Quote:

Dev-Ngreth:

Time of server release: ROUGH estimate, 10am PST on the 15th.

Revamp zones: Revamped zones will be in their current form.

Some zones had "Alternate Data" these zone will have the original data if available, and switch to the "new data" at the approximate expansion time it was done on live.

Expansion classes: The classes will not be available until the expansion they were introduced.

Racial penalties and bonuses: The bonuses will stay, the penalties will NOT be re-instated.

Alchemy and JC: It was a change in plans. While we could have made further restrictions, since the data and drops for old jewelry, alchemy and poison making are readily available, we decided to make it the even more original way. So it will be the old way until an appropriate expansion where it will swap.

This was not feasible with what was done with spell research. It will continue to be the "new" way, just with a restricted recipe availability.

Spells: It will be the current method of spell acquisition.

Exp gain: exp has been scaled back. At this point I don't plan to give an exact number, though that may change.

Hell levels are not back. We did not restore the original curves, instead we just slowed down experience gain overall. It will use the current "curves" but exp gain has been slowed.

Boats: translocators will still be available because boats are still unreliable. Unfortunately they are still buggy and we have not been able to spend the time needed to nail it down.

Progression vote griefing: We are working on a new poling systems. You will even see a new button on the EQ button in the February patch, but the system is not done yet, and will not be complete until the March patch, which is still plenty of time for progression since the absolute minimum will be 90 days before a vote is needed, though we can hope for more!

We will be able to restrict the poll to just the progression server, AND we plan to even level limit it so people can't be scabs and just create a level 1 character to vote... they have to get to a certain level, I.E be a player on the server. The voting will be account based, not character based, so each account gets 1 vote.

Though unlike Sleeper server, we do have an EXP slowdown going which will affect the rate of level gain this time.

I don't doubt there will be some people that spend very long hours, and optimize everything possible in a way that was not possible in 1999 and do it quickly, but it will not be as easy as the last time we did the progression server.

While we cannot stop this 100%, we hope the level limit we plan to apply will help reduce that because it will increase the time investment needed for them to grief the server.

We have not nailed down exactly what level we plan to do this, but there *IS* reduced exp on the server, as I mentioned before, so the time investment will be longer than it would be on a normal server.

Server stopping at Velious:: That is actually something that interest us here. We are curious if people really DO want that "Classic" server that is stuck at Velious, or if they will finally get bored enough to unlock Luclin.

:quote off

wow, i think they been watching p99 server and have some prevention placed in to refine around griefing. Wonder if they variance the bosses, if not, would be interesting to bring some of the p99 raid poopsocking/camp setup goodness to grief some of the players on there.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Banned

I was slightly interested, until I heard that they are leaving monks with their current fists delay/damage, which is something crazy overpowered. Same with mage and necro pets. Oh, and sk DT's will be what they are now, which I hear will be pretty overpowered. Plus soulbinders, and no corpse runs. meh

at level 50, fists are going to be 20/26. crazy!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

ooops, didn't see the thread in off topic
Closed Thread