Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Large Rat

Nothing about lag, nothing at all. I'm not going to say anyone is able to lag others out but I have noticed there is one guild every time (4 raid targets in a row) that anytime I have engaged a mob many of us go LD where we have all be on for hours before pulling with no problems.

The shout system will cause more problems than anything else, you can't just look in the zone and see how many people they have? 60 seconds? Make it something reasonable like 3min or 5min. This is only going to lead to guilds going through chat logs with time stamps saying you were 2 seconds late on the 15th person so now it's mine. Tell me you don't think this is going to be exploited?

With no mention to guild wide LD, zone crash, downtime I have to wonder why they were ignored...the raid guilds know it's a problem.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing about lag, nothing at all. I'm not going to say anyone is able to lag others out but I have noticed there is one guild every time (4 raid targets in a row) that anytime I have engaged a mob many of us go LD where we have all be on for hours before pulling with no problems.
Oh lord. I can't help but imagining you and your fellow guildmates charging in towards nagafen's lair, then checking /w, and panicking thinking half the raid just went LD after his first dragon roar!!!

But I'm half thinking that is what you're doing...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh lord. I can't help but imagining you and your fellow guildmates charging in towards nagafen's lair, then checking /w, and panicking thinking half the raid just went LD after his first dragon roar!!!

But I'm half thinking that is what you're doing...
You're thinking wrong

It's a well established fact that there was significant lag in the past BEFORE mobs were engaged.

Go troll rants and flames or something with your stupidity
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Yawnzies.

Just triple the spawn rate of raid mobs and halve their drop rate.

More slayage, similar dropage, more funzies for the whole famileze!

Must I do everything?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Large Rat

So will the GMs be enforcing those "rules"?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

The GM's haven given full support to the player-driven effort to police themselves...so I imagine they will if they HAVE to.

The whole idea was for us all to be adults and play nicely. The GM's have better things to do. Like work on content and stuffz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GM's haven given full support to the player-driven effort to police themselves...so I imagine they will if they HAVE to.

The whole idea was for us all to be adults and play nicely. The GM's have better things to do. Like work on content and stuffz.
Heh, if we all acted liked adults and played nicely, that list would never have needed to be written. Well, for what its worth I realllly hope the GMs here do not accept this as server law. Its far too convoluted and the drafting committee not nearly representative enough of the server population. But w/e...I'm not a raider and this is a free, private deal.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogKing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, if we all acted liked adults and played nicely, that list would never have needed to be written. Well, for what its worth I realllly hope the GMs here do not accept this as server law. Its far too convoluted and the drafting committee not nearly representative enough of the server population. But w/e...I'm not a raider and this is a free, private deal.
Ideas can always be put out by the community. There was representation from all the main guilds save one...and they worked hard to ensure fairness for everyone including future raiding guilds. I think the rules are pretty solid...but like I said, if people see weaknesses, by all means, bring them up so the guild leaders can have a look-see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Aviak

In reference to the LD problem before a boss is engaged.. It is in the rules that once a guild has started their timer it doesnt matter if they go below the 15, they have the run of their timer until it runs out or they wipe to the boss itself. This may not cover everything that can happen because of lag, I can think of a few things that may cause problems. But please understand that the people in the meeting were trying to focus on a fair set of rules and tried to avoid discussing all of the "what ifs", we could have spent days in vent if we had. Since the meetings will be an ongoing we were trying to get the basics of the rules clean of the grey areas the guilds had been arguing over for so long. If we have issues come up later then at least we will have a system in place, the monthly meetings, to hear the problems of varying guilds and try to work out a fair agreement to solve them.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Large Rat

I wish intense lag most of the time we pull a raid mob was a "what if", it's something I expect. Lets pull this early because we're going to all mysteriously go LD after we engage is what goes on in my head.

I've never been confused in any of the raids I've been on who had rights to a mob and I've been in fear when half the server was there. What happens when one guild gets trained and no GM is around, still going to use the 30min or better yet train a guild then expect 15 people to shout here. These are not "what if" things, this is going to happen and we all know it.
Closed Thread