Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Default How do you set specialize?

I know at lvl 30 you are supposed to be able to select a specialization to make one aspect of your spells more efficient. I thought I remember that once you hit 30 you have to go to the druid guild and see a trainer and then pick your specialized field.

Ok so when I dinged 30 (a week ago as I am 37 now) I noticed that every time I casted a spell it said "you got better at specialize evocation" or "you got better at specialize "alteration" or "you got better at specialize "conjuration".

So instead of each skill raising from the normal number I had gotten them each to pre-30 they all say specialize and all started from 1. I was very confused by this since I did not go to a trainer to train anything. So eventually I get around to going to the druid guild and visiting the trainer and I see all my specialize options are built up (as I stated above) and to train any more here would cost lots of PP.

What's up? Am I specialized in everything? That would rock! Or am I missing something?
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 03-28-2018, 12:38 AM
Banned

the first over 50

you need at least 1 point in each
Old 03-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the first over 50

you need at least 1 point in each
Oh crap. Then it may have all ready been selected. Since I have been doing so much root rotting at the giant fort in FM then I am probably specialized in conjuration. But I'll check next time I log in.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

The first one over 50 is your specialization and will continue to skill much higher

All the others will cap at 50
Old 03-28-2018, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh crap. Then it may have all ready been selected. Since I have been doing so much root rotting at the giant fort in FM then I am probably specialized in conjuration. But I'll check next time I log in.

Thanks for the reply.
you can reset it in temple of ro with a ruby

no big deal
Old 03-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can reset it in temple of ro with a ruby

no big deal
SWEET. Because I would not have picked conjuration.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't root alteration? Even for Druids?

-Mcoy
Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Yep, sure is. But he might be referring to the swarm DOT used for root rotting, which is Conjuration.

Either way, I think it would still be really hard to accidentally specialize in anything other than Alteration as a druid. I had to go out of my way to specialize in Evocation prior to 34 for quad kiting.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
He's saying that he casts a lot of conjuration (druid dots) while root rotting, apparently enough that he got conj instead of alt as his first over 50. But yeah, I was kinda surprised too to hear alteration didn't get over 50 first; wizards must be the only class for whom it wouldn't naturally be the first 50+.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

He was root-roting would translate to him casting our only Conjuration spell repeatedly: the Magic DoT.

Root is indeed Alteration [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spec in Alteration, probably like most druids, because it is used for roots, snares, heals, teleports, regeneration, etc.

Conjugation on the other hand is used for only one spell.

That being said, this is your most expensive spell and you do spam it twice a mob at higher level and would be the most mana-saving spec available... but only when solo root-rotting. For every group scenario I don't see alteration not being better.

Long story short, if you're a druid who solo 99% of the time, you might wanna keep Conjuration as your spec and give it a try, it might not be that bad.