Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PQ will have QOL features that neither takp or p99 has, and none of the arbitrary personal preference changes that the p99 devs have made.
/melody please
Old 08-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Kobold

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

thank you, this is my dream...
been wishing for a 1 box PoP for a long long time. And so have about 20 of my p99 guildees. Almost every night we talk about how great a 1box PoP would be so we were all freaking out in Discord over Project Quarm. Preparing our bodies for this. Thank you very much CANT WAIT. ready to drop all my p99 bank to a commonlands noob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

CAVEAT: PLEASE DONT GO CRAZY WITH QOL. WE LIKE IT ROUGH AND HARD
Old 08-03-2023, 06:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure Secrets said it would be a 25 mob limit
25 mob limit, imposed on NPCs also leash fairly quickly per TAKP rules. Chardok AOEing would not be possible due to the short leash range in itself, or at least made very hard.

There's an AE cap imposed on the TAKP side that honestly works just as well without preventing. Mobs will occasionally teleport or leash past that cap. It's set to 80 for most outdoor zones.

Honestly, I don't think it's as big as a deal as people think because resists work properly here. It's near impossible to AOE until PoP effectively, especially similar level targets.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-03-2023, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25 mob limit, imposed on NPCs also leash fairly quickly per TAKP rules. Chardok AOEing would not be possible due to the short leash range in itself, or at least made very hard.

There's an AE cap imposed on the TAKP side that honestly works just as well without preventing. Mobs will occasionally teleport or leash past that cap. It's set to 80 for most outdoor zones.

Honestly, I don't think it's as big as a deal as people think because resists work properly here. It's near impossible to AOE until PoP effectively, especially similar level targets.
In HOH it's 8 mobs for the teleport on top of you feature. Happens pretty often when I'm octokite PLing recruits.
Old 08-04-2023, 01:07 AM
Kobold

Sony put a pull limit of 10 in HoH early into PoP because bards were getting stupid amounts of exp there. On AK the pathing in the zone was atrocious. I set TAKP's limit to 15.

Regarding resists: TAKP's resist system is modeled off of the resist revamp that occurred late into Luclin, which is mostly what is still used on Live. A Sony dev posted pseudocode of it a decade ago and I parsed a ton of logs so it's quite accurate. It is however more forgiving than classic to Velious era resists in most cases, not harsher. I've no clue on the specifics of p99's implementation so I can't say how it compares to p99. Classic era resist logic is high on my wishlist of things I'd like to know.

AoEing on TAKP is very doable. Most common NPCs will stop resisting spells when you're 9 levels above them and AoE groups in Fungus Grove were common in Luclin on TAKP which is appropriate.
Old 08-04-2023, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Strong memories of my wizard getting many resists on dark blues back on live which then proceeded to hand my 12 year old ass to me. P99 I feel landing on dark blues is pretty damn consistent

Though maybe the resists just felt more powerful as it was Rallos Zek and I was staying naked out of the safety of my items, gimping my mana pool...
Old 08-04-2023, 07:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strong memories of my wizard getting many resists on dark blues back on live which then proceeded to hand my 12 year old ass to me. P99 I feel landing on dark blues is pretty damn consistent

Though maybe the resists just felt more powerful as it was Rallos Zek and I was staying naked out of the safety of my items, gimping my mana pool...
Just wait until you guys see how slow levelling up skills (spell schools, weapons, defence, etc.) really was [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Orc

PK/Training rules ugh...You'd save a lot of time just allowing this.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Time to give Sirken a call.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to give Sirken a call.
so he can play favorites again? lol