Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Kobold

Great thread idea imo.

I'm a project manager for a translation/localization company [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

international superstar currently living in SE Asia
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
international superstar currently living in SE Asia
Jen is a traitor, ditched the Euro crew yo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bussdriver
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Kobold

US steel - operator
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Taking this thread seriously though - I work at a themepark kinda place which is a seasonal part time job called diggerland, whole amusement park built around diggers bla bla. I did an apprenticeship in IT and passed my CompTIA A+ and some networking fundamentals / windows 7 configuration but due to my age and lack of experience can't get a job in that field. BTW I'm only 18 years old so still trying to find my way through into a decent occupation.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Large Rat

Awesome thread guys. I am a Biomedical Engineering Technician at a hospital for 10years now.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

After a four year glory filled stint as a field artilleryman I took the GI Bill money. Now I build advanced radar systems so that I can help others blow people up like I once did. With the push of a button.

Just remember there are only two types of people in the world. Artillerymen, and targets.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Working as a software developer and cyber security program director for a large company.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking this thread seriously though - I work at a themepark kinda place which is a seasonal part time job called diggerland, whole amusement park built around diggers bla bla. I did an apprenticeship in IT and passed my CompTIA A+ and some networking fundamentals / windows 7 configuration but due to my age and lack of experience can't get a job in that field. BTW I'm only 18 years old so still trying to find my way through into a decent occupation.
The A+ is a very common cert. It doesn't make you competitive as everyone has it. Get your network + and maybe your MCTS and look for Help Desk Tier 1 jobs. Also, don't tell anyone your age they aren't allowed to ask you, and they would discriminate against an 18 year old.

Have you considered college? The IT field is swimming with CS and MIS degrees, so you really aren't competitive without a degree unless you are a young Bill Gates or something.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread