Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now it has direction.
Continue
I see wut u did der..!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Where are all the black employees? Dey took my jerb
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post every experience you have about p99 in general.

Class discussion.
Looking for group.
Item issues.
Client issues.
Your general blog.
Other games.
Are you saying that we should have these subforums available, or are you saying that we have these forums available and that few people are using them properly? Your grammar is ambiguous.

We do have most of these subforums available and I agree that a few people are not using them properly. The only one we don't have but could use is looking for group. We also don't have personal blogs, but those belong on Livejournal or Xanga.

Also

Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Well class discussion is sadly buried at the foot of the forums, so you can maybe forgive people for overlooking them.

Its not too much to moderate though to move things to where they should be if its causing people's OCD to trigger...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did that Redhead get in there in Sweden lol.
Drapes don't match the carpet.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Sub-forums are simple.

If you're interested in something in particular, you find the sub-forum and browse the first two pages; Like for Classes. (i used to browse the ranger sub-forum in the eq live forums for tips and different up-to-date developments)

If it's very specific, you use the search feature.

If you want an answer to a question asap, you post in general or wherever the highest population is.

If you're concerned that the place you're going to post in will create new pages too quickly for your post to be noticed then post in a less populated place.

What some forums do is let you set the sub-forum that the post will be located in while at the same time grouping all recent posts in the same place to allow everybody a chance to see them without browsing all the sub-forums. Generally they have a policy against "empty" or "duplicated" topics.

I think one thing that would help is if I could customize the forum list so that the sub-forums I like will appear at the top of the page. Additionally, new posts should light up the row where the sub-forum is listed. "Today" somehow just isn't a good enough indicator for me; it doesn't make enough "noise".

I also think forums don't use horizontal space very well. And they have too much empty space. This forum for example: the forum list could be in two columns rather than one to show more in one screen.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 12-05-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Closed Thread