Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

I'm more of the mindset that Trent was highlty influenced by the first wave of Industrial music. And if we are talking production talent than you should be comparing Trent to Kevin Key's work since Skinny Puppy is but one of many projects he was responsible for. Trent has done some great stuff to be sure, but would he have done what he did if not for influences like SP, Cabaret Voltaire, Severd Heads, etc? Well that's another discussion all together. Trent is great at utilizing the latest technologies into his music but Kevin was doing shit that nobody had ever heard the likes of with extremely primitive equipment and techniques. This of course does not detract from your opinion in any way.

@Japan... I hate Alice Cooper and your statment shows your ignorance to musical genres in general.
Last edited by guineapig; 11-08-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Banned

pretty sure i never ever mentioned music except to make fun of your appearance, so that seems like a bit of a stretch
Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more of the mindset that Trent was highlty influenced by the first wave of Industrial music. And if we are talking production talent than you should be comparing Trent to Kevin Key's work since Skinny Puppy is but one of many projects he was responsible for. Trent has done some great stuff to be sure, but would he have done what he did if not for influences like SP, Cabaret Voltaire, Severd Heads, etc? Well that's another discussion all together. Trent is great at utilizing the latest technologies into his music but Kevin was doing shit that nobody had ever heard the likes of with extremely primitive equipment and techniques. This of course does not detract from your opinion in any way.
Every musician has influences..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]