Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Okay so I shut down chat, browser, zone alarm, disabled avast and killed everything in the process tree I could think of. That got me a new, different error!

Included a pic of the error and a pic of my process tree after shutting everything down.

The one I highlighted showed up after trying to launch and run EQMac. Some of them would not stay shut off no matter how many times I closed them (apple, zone alarm browser security) and avast would not allow itself to be killed, just disabled.

I really appreciate all the help, you guys are awesome. I would be so lost without the assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newerror.jpg (20.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg process tree.jpg (20.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

really not sure what your problem is.

you can try updating your video card drivers.. make sure your windows update is all up to date.

could be a bad install (you did say your tried reinstalling?)

do you ever get a similar message when you are running other programs or applications.. if you do it might be a bad memory stick.

it could just be something specific to your graphics card also.. I know on some computers I've owned in the past.. certain games wouldn't work right on the computer after updating to the latest drivers and only worked with an older version of the drivers (typcially on older games like eq)
Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Run secrets patch again, or search your directory to make sure wsock.dll didn't get deleted. Open eqclient.ini and make sure the resolution under [vidoe mode] matches your monitor resolution.

Try checking fixeqclient if it still doesn't work.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Banned

How do I use dxtory to set my eqmac fps to 60?

I have it cracked and running, but I can't figure out the options.

EDIT : I also cannot get poweroftwo interface to work. I have read the instructions and performed the necessary steps in every way possible.
Last edited by Casey II; 07-16-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

You say you disabled avast, but I see it in the proess tree, right? Been a while since I used zonealarm, but the browser service is running too. Can this be an audio driver issue?

Could always make sound=1 in your eqclient.ini and see what happens too.

And I remember seeing a post about a Nvidia fix... been looking for it
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 07-16-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Worked for me first try. I didn't do anything crazy. Had to get a program to limit the FPS so the mouse scroll was decent. Doesn't run quite as well as P99/PEQ did (for some reason spells just slow my laptop to a crawl).

Found one but in Cabalis..the Scaled Wolf Pup was a human texture with arms and legs spread. Was also a very small graphic.

Other than that, game runs well! I wish they had the population that P99 had when it was at its max (1000+ people). Hopefully this will spread and more people will hop on?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I use dxtory to set my eqmac fps to 60?

I have it cracked and running, but I can't figure out the options.

EDIT : I also cannot get poweroftwo interface to work. I have read the instructions and performed the necessary steps in every way possible.
You don't need to crack it, the freeware version is just fine for limiting FPS. Just click the advanced tab, check limit video fps box, and put a value in. 60 works fine for me. Once you set it up just minimize it, doesn't seem to use much in the way of resources at all.

I run avast antivirus and all I do is right-click the avast icon and disable all shields until reboot. When I'm done playing EQ I just reboot my computer and then everything is back to normal.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Default error 1017

Been trying for awhile now I have no antivirus on comp and its firewall off. I am getting this while loading up to char select.. Error 1017 cant login to the everquest server you may need top rerun patcher. Any help would be more then welcomed!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Fire Giant

did u run the right patcher? and then copy the files over correctly? then use secrets patch?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been trying for awhile now I have no antivirus on comp and its firewall off. I am getting this while loading up to char select.. Error 1017 cant login to the everquest server you may need top rerun patcher. Any help would be more then welcomed!
I got that message the first time I tried eqmac because I didn't put the eqmac folder directly into the C:\ directory

It should be C:\EQMac no other folders inbetween that and the harddrive.

Did you click that Fix eqclient.ini box on the eqw.exe before starting the game?

and I tried out that Dxtory that people were talking about and it is pretty awesome like others have been saying.. you can even change your FPS on the fly if you want too.. for if you have multiple windows open for boxing. Its like Fraps but much better because you can record as well as adjust other video features on the fly while not recording.