Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Ok I had issues getting this to work, but finally got it to work properly, here's a rough guide I've drafted to help those who would like to try!

Rough Guide to play EQMAC on PC ( Tested on Windows 7 64bit)
1. Fresh Install of EQ Titanium
2. Take contests of fresh EQ Titanium installation folder and put them into an empty C:\EQMac folder
3. Unzip contents of Secret's patch zip that can be found here http://fileb.ag/0ei29cadn4k7 into C:/EQMac overwriting anything it asks to.
4. Download EQMac via the Web Launchpad 3 http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html...skin=everquest
5. Take contents of the Resources folder from the EQMac Launchpad download and copy them INTO C:\EQMac, overwrite anything it asks ( will be a lot )
6. Change desktop to 16bit, run eqw.exe and make sure to check the box for Fix EQclinit.ini

Note* if you want the newer UI, edit eqclient.ini and change newui=FALSE to TRUE, other settings can be changed in eqclient.ini also, like new / old PC models, etc.
Last edited by Happy; 02-17-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok I had issues getting this to work, but finally got it to work properly eventually, here's a rough guide I've drafted to help those who would like to try!

Rough Guide to play EQMAC on PC ( Tested on Windows 7 64bit)
1. Fresh Install of EQ Titanium
2. Take contests of fresh EQ Titanium installation folder and put them into an empty C:\EQMac folder
3. Unzip contents of Secret's patch zip that can be found here http://fileb.ag/0ei29cadn4k7 into C:/EQMac overwriting anything it asks to.
4. Download EQMac via the Web Launchpad 3 http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html...skin=everquest
5. Take contents of the Resources folder from the EQMac Launchpad download and copy them INTO C:\EQMac, overwrite anything it asks ( will be a lot )
6. Change desktop to 16bit, run eqw.exe. Note* if you want the newer UI, edit eqclient.ini and change newui=FALSE to TRUE, other settings can be changed in eqclient.ini also, like new / old PC models, etc.
is this shit legit?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Well by using that method I can get to the server select screen, but when I click the server to play, I get a memory reference error and it all closes out. Any ideas?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well by using that method I can get to the server select screen, but when I click the server to play, I get a memory reference error and it all closes out. Any ideas?
Running into the same thing.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The file that Secerts posted over on FOH has been removed. Can someone who has the file rehost it? Or if anything, PM me about it.
Uploaded it for you:
*Removed*

P.S. Dont bother Secrets about this - thats why he yanked the file. I am guilty of asking him a question, but I'm sure 1000000 others did too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I cant get around the crash after selecting the server, hopefully someone here can shed some light?
Last edited by Pringles; 03-02-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Need to make sure you are putting in secrets patch before you copy in eqmac resources contents. just re-tested this and it should work if u are doing it in that order.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need to make sure you are putting in secrets patch before you copy in eqmac resources contents. just re-tested this and it should work if u are doing it in that order.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I did the resource copy before patching Secrets' patch and it's working perfectly for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the resource copy before patching Secrets' patch and it's working perfectly for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oooh. Good to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Kobold

If you get a memory error upon trying to load server select, make sure "fix eqclient.ini" is checked next time you run eqw.exe. That fixed it for me.