Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Kelethin Theme (Arrangement)

Hello Fellow Classic EQ Gamers,

My name is Kole Hicks and though I've never posted in here, I played project 1999 up to a level 20 SK a year or so ago, like to browse the forums when I have some extra time, & had a 56 WE Ranger back in 2000'ish with classic EQ.

EverQuest and its music heavily inspired me to not only pick up the guitar/writing music when I was younger, but more specifically it also drove me to focus my career efforts in a space I'm truly passionate about... Game Audio. I'll spare you the details of my numerous adventures and misfortunes while roaming the world of EverQuest, but I would like to share with you my arrangement of a tune that has meant a great deal to me over the years. It's the theme song to "Kelethin," the Wood Elf city built high upon the branches of the ginormous trees in the forest of Greater Faydark.

No matter how many times I'd heard the song in-game, it'd bring a smile to my face. The tune always felt like "Home" to me and whenever I would return to "Kelethin" after a long and arduous Quest/XP Grind (which literally could have taken weeks back then) I would be greeted by this tune... good memories [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, for many years now I've wanted to do my own arrangement of the "Kelethin Theme" and I've finally had a little extra time to do so. So without further ado, I hope you enjoy my arrangement of the "Kelethin Theme!"

My Arrangement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ChgBSZuio

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO4_8A9Uiwg

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Wish I could comment on my main forum account but right now I am in timeout. I really liked your arrangement tho, you managed to actually make it more epic and moving.The original Kelethin theme has always stuck out to me as well. Liked, subbed, ect GL with your future endeavors.
Last edited by Dragonzord; 12-24-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Kobold

Thoroughly enjoyed that!

*clap*
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Orc

Epic version of a great theme. I started out as a wood elf ranger, and though I switched to a dwarf cleric around level 5 or so, I credit Kelethin and its music with really hooking me into the game. The video too really conveys the experience I had as a lower level on my first main. Nice job man...but damn you for making me want to play again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

well done. going to anymore?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

Sounds really good, but a lot "busier" than the original.

That is one of the things I love most about the original theme, how simple and soothing it is.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you very much for listening everyone, I'm happy to read that you all enjoyed it!

Ahldagor - Potentially. It's always a little difficult to find time in between projects, but I've been thinking about Arranging a few more EQ tunes. If that seems like something the EQ community would like then I'll definitely give it a shot in my spare time!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Very awesome dude! Song is so damn rad. It's audio is attached to my brains memeories of the game. Funny how many good times are linked to it's song. Thanks much dude totally ripped it and saved it for future use.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Great work man
Old 12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for listening, glad you both enjoyed the arrangement! Very true... many of my EQ memories are wrapped up in those tunes and other songs I was listening to outside of the original score (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc.). Funny how a song can pop on the radio & remind me of Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread