Old 04-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

If you want titanium client play on p2002
Old 04-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Me? No thanks.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

I tried out the server and I really like the client. It took me back to classic in a way that P99 can't with the titanium client. Was refreshing to see the proper boats taking the proper path in Ocean of Tears without the need of lev. Sadly, I didn't have a very good ping with the server, which was disappointing, more than likely due to my crappy dsl. Even if ping wasn't an issue, I don't know if I'd spend a lot of time on that server just because boxing is allowed. No boxing is kinda the major draw to P99 more than anything.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried out the server and I really like the client. It took me back to classic in a way that P99 can't with the titanium client. Was refreshing to see the proper boats taking the proper path in Ocean of Tears without the need of lev. Sadly, I didn't have a very good ping with the server, which was disappointing, more than likely due to my crappy dsl. Even if ping wasn't an issue, I don't know if I'd spend a lot of time on that server just because boxing is allowed. No boxing is kinda the major draw to P99 more than anything.
The takp server is hosted like a foot away from the p99 server. Ping times would be about the same for takp as p99.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

Titanium client honestly is a pain in the ass aside from scrollwheel and buff timers IMO. The TAKP client has way too many upsides now with the mouse being freed, it is right in line with how most of us remember it from 2002 without adding extra functionality to the client.
The NewUI=false flag in the TAKP client is pretty great for nostalgia kicks now and again, which is great.

The netcode is considerably stable in TAKP as well. It's come leaps and bounds thanks to Haynar.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM
Orc

When's Luclin dropping on TAKP? And will it be an all zones release or partial one?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztefano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When's Luclin dropping on TAKP? And will it be an all zones release or partial one?
My guess is probably Oct or Nov. i would say as close to a full release as possible.

The only thing that may not be finished at release would be VT. But it would be done shortly after, before a guild could likely get keyed.

H
Old 04-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Titanium client honestly is a pain in the ass aside from scrollwheel and buff timers IMO. The TAKP client has way too many upsides now with the mouse being freed, it is right in line with how most of us remember it from 2002 without adding extra functionality to the client.
The NewUI=false flag in the TAKP client is pretty great for nostalgia kicks now and again, which is great.

The netcode is considerably stable in TAKP as well. It's come leaps and bounds thanks to Haynar.
The only thing I would really want in this client would be the actual mana number but I do realize that isnt classic. Maybe tab targeting, those hamal skellies are insanely hard to grab.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing I would really want in this client would be the actual mana number but I do realize that isnt classic. Maybe tab targeting, those hamal skellies are insanely hard to grab.
They weren't in the 2002 era client that came with EQMac. They had the same client features until the server was sunset.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried out the server and I really like the client. It took me back to classic in a way that P99 can't with the titanium client. Was refreshing to see the proper boats taking the proper path in Ocean of Tears without the need of lev.
The red tinge of infravision, true night blindness, and limited water vision are great, too. That really sealed the deal for me. My only gripe is my Shadowknight is stuck with Luclin-era skeleton models, but I'll get over that pretty quickly.