Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Necro soloing 55+

Are there any solid exp spots for Necro soloing outside of CoM and HS? Specifically places where root / rotting is the preferred method?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Hmm, off the top of my head = LDC in SolB?

Not sure why you specify non-HS. I'd say HS is the best place probably. I did 56-59 root rotting (and JBB jamming) on my shaman so it's definitely doable on a necro, but once you're there you'd want to charm 100 %.

If it's to get more relaxing gaming shrug... I did most of lvl 59 root rotting on my shaman in rat maze in PoM surprisingly good exp.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

You can toy around in velks some. Geos in WL are super slow but an option. Lord room in lower guk will still give some xp. KC basement is a lesser traveled path than HS that is similar xp if it's not camped. There's some brownie druids in lfay that have a long respawn but give xp.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Could definitely do the caves in Wakening Lands ^^
Old 09-07-2017, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

WW giant fort
Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Planar Protector

While not as fast I can understand wanting a more relaxed experience. With pyrocuror 3 min root and splurt you can drop mobs efficiently, safely, and with minimal attention. Mobs are dead in 1 root generally and with those two dots you average over 6 damage per mana averaged. It's not nearly as fast as charming but a lot more laid back. The challenge is finding good places to do it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure root/rotting is more relaxed than charming. I'd rather take a 30 second fight than a 2 minute fight. More chances for root to break during the long fight, more chances for some repop you forgot to keep track of, etc.

Charm killing (when undead are in sufficient supply) is so easy as a necro. You don't even have to worry about breaking charm, timing AE stuns to the split second when stuff rushes you, blurring you hoping it sticks, etc.

Just charm, kill the mob, FD and get some work done maybe, rinse repeat.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Kobold

Ogres in Neriak Foreign Quarter
Old 09-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure root/rotting is more relaxed than charming. I'd rather take a 30 second fight than a 2 minute fight. More chances for root to break during the long fight, more chances for some repop you forgot to keep track of, etc.

Charm killing (when undead are in sufficient supply) is so easy as a necro. You don't even have to worry about breaking charm, timing AE stuns to the split second when stuff rushes you, blurring you hoping it sticks, etc.

Just charm, kill the mob, FD and get some work done maybe, rinse repeat.
I'd say it depends on your personal constitution [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I find charming quite intense and that means both stress and excitement. Root rotting on the other hand is trivial and mostly predictable.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

As a necro in HS one really shouldn't be eating HT's very often - just FD in case of a bad pull. Of course your FD will sometimes fail, but hey, such is life.

And you can always charm or even summon a pet and send it in a room for everything to blow their HT on, FD and then calmly deal with mobs who suddenly became warriors.
Closed Thread