Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark was the classic high point for me too. Even on live I just didn't have time to do all of the Velious content.... in a way that's a good thing here as we've certainly got time.
With the time you spend on the forums, I can't imagine there's anything you don't have ample time for.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly don't think the problem w/ Velks is hp; it's mitigation. Low 50s pure melee in Velks feel like paladins...
Old 12-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me temper this post a bit by acknowledging that I just started playing again after not really playing much over the past two years.

That being said, almost all the zones in velious are dead: East Wastes, great divide, kael, velks, SG, CS,tofs, iceclad. This is even at times when the pop is around 1100...the zones i listed have an average of 3 or 4 (including myself) players, velks had 2 but /who all seb showed 20 people.

Did you guys want 4 more years of kunark?
To answer my friend whom I haven't seen in a while with honesty and hopefully not result in censorship and a forum ban...

People got hip to the fact that Velious zones aren't great XP fairly quickly. Chardok AOE ground to a halt for a while but it picked back up. With the way the "raid" scene has escalated and the fact that most of the people who now play on the server started well after Chardok AOE, people really only roll classes with the specific intent of "raiding" and many of them consider AOE the only viable means of gaining levels.

Seb still gets traffic because its a great zone, great XP, and now with Velious its less populated and there's usually always a good XP camp open. The big money camps are also still camped but with less asshattery. These days everybody is busy "raiding" or getting XP at Chardok in order to "raid." The fact of the matter is due to this "raid" obsession and reliance on plvl the average group of players on this server can't even fight their way down to Chef or Disco in Seb because nobody even cares about group play really at all and they can't hack it. Nobody wants a corpse run in a zone where the population is low enough that a rez at ZL is no longer a sure thing. They also won't play the game without their specific desired group composition.

A lot has changed over the past two years and the server really is different. Metagame has totally taken over and any semblance of "classic" community is long gone. Many players now came from other MMOs and many of the awesome "old school" personalities had life catch up with them and got sick of this server over the passing of the last 6 years. DKP, Guild forums, and a parked alt army have all become status quo and most players here now know no different.

Ultimately the server is in the hands of the players and after 4 years of Kunark the server has come to this. There were some institutions that wished to preserve a sense of tight camaraderie, "classic" gameplay without DKP and headsets, a no-nub no-dead-weight and no-zerg policy, and a "fuck the system" attitude which really is necessary to keep the neckbeards in check, but any such movement has been reduced to smoldering embers due to unbelievable arrogance and a variety of personality disorders and pixel lust.

I am free from the shackles of pixel lust and I just want to play and level toons. No politics, no fellatio, no headsets, just good times and having fun. "Fun" to many players here isn't camping good drops on remote named mobs in little-traversed zones, its chatting in Teamspeak, plvling in order to "raid", and waiting in line for pixels. That's what P99 has become. My friendships on this server were formed through adventure, helping firiends directly get gear and XP and growing as a player, not by voicechat and my raid attendance percentage.

Winter has come and P99 is completely different than it once was. It is what it is. The Velious dungeons will remain low population and everyone will keep waiting for batphones to "raid" because that is what the community has become and nobody knows any different. I will continue to play for fun and have adventures, but barking at people in TS and spreadsheet jockeying is not my idea of a "classic" experience at all whatsoever. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

PS Pras Swish
Old 12-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

/shrug...I loved Velious on live. I can understand why some people just plain didn't like it, but it felt like the majority of people (from reading the forums) couldn't wait for this expansion. Now it's been here three months, and it's back to the same old thing (outside of named dragon pops and hot farming.) Back to solo farming NG with your 60 shm, leveling alt # 7 to 60 (but making sure you level 13% faster in seb because mobs die slightly faster v. a new velious zone,) back to Chardok PL (because god forbid you actually have to play alt #12 to get him to 60,) back to sitting in EC trying to get slightly better prices on things. I just don't understand the rush...this is the last expansion, and any custom content they do will likely be years off. Velious still has an abundance of new places to kill and some good cash camps. It's just sad (to me) when KC and Seb probably have a higher pop than all of velious combined. I never found seb to be great exp, and kc was only good exp when it was relatively empty. Oh well, I guess more open places for me to kill.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

I've been banging that drum very hard for a very long time my friend and not only does it fall on deaf ears it also results in forum bans, apparently.

Everything is back to same old same old because that's the way the metagame has been designed and the new players just fall right in line. If you build it, they will come.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
making sure you level 13% faster in seb because mobs die slightly faster v. a new velious zone
If that was true ppl would actually lvl in Velks. Seb is way more than 13% faster. I spent a few hours in Velks on my 51 Rog and xp was atrocious even in a solid duo. Zero doubt in my mind that SolB BnB/LDC or Freeti trash would be in the neighborhood of 50% faster.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

on live velks was the place for exp and nice loot farm... maybe its not tuned right? or whatever- but velks was "the" place to level in velious timeline

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 12-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the time you spend on the forums, I can't imagine there's anything you don't have ample time for.
Lol
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Anyone done a full ae of geonid caverns on their bard yet? I feel like that'd be some pretty crispy xp if someone could harmony or peel off the shamans.
Closed Thread