Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you guys come up with this stuff??
He came up with it because he's just trolling.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's that end game goal dream of fighting the legendary sleeper.
keep off the bloody marmite sunny, you clearly cant handle it.

none with less than sod gear+AA has a chance of lasting 2? mins vs this mob.(even with ch line setup)

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiznessTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come play on red where the sleeper will never be awoken, and you can progress your toon x1000 faster.
Or make your own server from eqemu, invite a couple friends, some family members, and you can do all of that without the toxicity, yet a larger player base [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangcreux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been seeing some threads going around about the sleeper being awoken. While I'm not very familiar with all the velious endgame content, I do know that he is a dragon that doesn't respawn, changes the game in some aspects and doesn't respawn once defeated, right?

People have been saying the game has been beaten and the dev's are probably done with the game now, is this true?
Devs are still saying they have plans. We aren't through the velious timeline, so we'll see. Would be exciting if they would do some further content, otherwise the server probably won't last.

As far as you first paragraph, there are two things I think are worth considering:

First, I started playing right around when Velious came out, and there were tons of people in every guild with multiple alts with epics at 60 (or 52). There were tons of people who had taken a break from the game waiting for Velious. It took me a little while to realize that the game wasn't fresh like EQ was when I was a middle schooler. I was working with and competing against people who had been planning for velious (with knowledge of every encounter in it) for years. This server is classic in mechanics, but the community has too much knowledge for it to truly emulate what once was. It's just something you have to accept. If you weren't a 60 in a top guild when Velious came out, there was

Second, the end game has good things and bad things. If you want to have fun raiding with a guild but don't care as much about loots, there are lots of options. If you just want the best gear and most powerful toon, you should try red... Otherwise you can come close, but this server has been around too long and has had to much drama. You were never going to see the sleeper tomb the way most people really didn't have a shot. That doesn't really matter for enjoying EQ though. (Also, sleeper could still be killed right now... what changed is that he's awake and 4 warders are gone).
Old 02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Banned

The devs have said they plan to release some type of custom content possibly after Velious, and imo that custom content should include some kind of mechanism or quest for putting the sleeper back to sleep and re-spawning the warders. People can then kill it again, and repeat the process of re-sleeping him. This way Rampage can still have their recognition for waking the sleeper first and being the only ones to have certain items during the official classic Velious period, but then other people can still possibly get to see it at some point but it will be during the "custom content" era then and therefor slightly less l33t.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanguru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or make your own server from eqemu, invite a couple friends, some family members, and you can do all of that without the toxicity, yet a larger player base [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like more competition for kills and more pvp too.
Closed Thread