Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
might as well play one of the other 100 servers
And I'm sure you're welcome to.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Orc

Def not classic..... I remember doing AOE in Seb on live and it was NOT limited to 25 mobs... 50-75 would be about the max pull then. This severely detracts from the whole PBAOE mechanic. Why not just ban AOE Chardok groups instead of breaking a feature of the classic game? I'm a little disappointed that a server that has for the most part tried to hold to classic features would intentionally break a game mechanic like this. Thanks anyway though for all the hard work you guys put in. I do enjoy your server.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

I would guess because players require oversight and code does not.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Aviak

so basically i gotta pull 100 mobs, and spend 4 times the time to do it, yep in before people crying bard still kiting 100 mobs at a time lol
Old 09-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean, would you be willing to share any updates on when ragebringer haste will be fixed to affect back stab?
Justice for the Ragebringer 2016!

Why not just put the Seething Fury effects in the item description instead, like just add Haste 40% , AC 9 and ATK 40 on it and it should work normally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Large Bat

I just want Summon Companion fixed for necromancers (and, i suppose, the other classes that should be able to use it now [june 2001 patch iirc]). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Nevermind. Maybe it was just me, but it's working. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Vandaen; 09-05-2016 at 07:18 PM..
Old 09-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want Summon Companion fixed for necromancers (and, i suppose, the other classes that should be able to use it now [june 2001 patch iirc]). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought a copy a while back on my ENC and was not able to scribe it. I was able to scribe it after the patch today.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to speak too much to the technological reasons being given for AE nerf, as it was a general feeling amongst the staff, not just one or two people. However, there were additional reasons that changes needed to be made. Chardok AE trivializes XP Gain with loads of free time inbetween, which goes against the spirit of the entire game, not just Classic EQ. It's also one of the only spots you can do this, which is significantly unfair as a whole. Bard AE kiting also continues to cause issues with zone disruptions.

So while you may disagree with one or two of the reasons, there's certainly enough people here agreeing that the change overall needed to be made.
Ad populum[logical fallacy] is never a rational justification for a decision. Everyone thought burning witches was a good idea too, save the witch. That doesn't make burning said witch the correct, or logical thing to do.

You have over many patches decided that something being classic has no baring on what you and your staff will do. The argument of xxx not being classic means nothing because you will ignore what is classic when it suits you.[see level requirement on epics as an example, spoiler: Still no minimum level requirement on live servers]
Old 09-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ad populum[logical fallacy] is never a rational justification for a decision. Everyone thought burning witches was a good idea too, save the witch. That doesn't make burning said witch the correct, or logical thing to do.

You have over many patches decided that something being classic has no baring on what you and your staff will do. The argument of xxx not being classic means nothing because you will ignore what is classic when it suits you.[see level requirement on epics as an example, spoiler: Still no minimum level requirement on live servers]
Faulty Comparison [logical fallacy] - Witch hunts and emulated games are not the same thing, nor sufficiently similar to be analogous. In the world of emulated games mass appeal is beneficial, which is why Blue thrives while Red does not.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Orc

PBAoE target limit is not a classic feature. I agree with the above comment regarding server devs possibly ignoring what is classic when it suits them. Could this pave the way for a slippery slope?
Closed Thread