Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

The first thing that flashed for me when Ramsay suggested the Seal team 6 attack was that would provide Sansa a path to escape. Would really have liked a scene where Reek/Theon was in the Godswood so Bran could whisper his name, but i expect Theon will aid Sansa, and they will end up giving Brienne something to do. Thus, I do not think the pink letter is out of play. I'm also very weirded out by the thought of a Brienne - Stannis get together.

The preview showed Stannis camp in flames (i think), so Ramsay will do some damage. Maybe Ramsay kills/captures Shireen, which will ramp things up.

Littlefinger's gift to Oleanna was a means to free Loras and Margarey. I'm guessing Olyvar will confess to HS that Cersei paid him to lie/testify against them. He will seek forgiveness (and be rewarded), and they will be freed. Or, Olyvar will be made to disappear and not be available to testify formally.

Arya will probably see Trant in pursuing her oyster eating insurance man. The question is, will she use the poison on Trant or carry out the insurance man hit? I think the Rafford/Trant murder will not be missed by the FM which will lead to an Arya transition.

Btw, Mace will get shot down my IB. And, given how quickly news seems to get around, what are the chances Mace has not heard of Loras and Margery's charges/detainment? Neither GRRM, nor showrunners, pass an opportunity to show Mace as dumber than a bag of hammers.

Olly is going to be one of the brothers saying "for the Watch". It would be a big showrunner curveball, if not. I think Jon will see him strike. I expect this to happen in the last ep. I'm very curious to see whether the NW is motivated by Jon's acceptance and working with Wildings, or because Jon wants to go to Winterfell (pink letter). And, here again for me is disappointment in the show losing track of the kid's direwolves and ability to warg. So, somehow, Melissandre is going to have to get back to the wall -- right? Maybe after Ramsay's hit. Btw, what if it was proximity to Jon that increased Mel's powers, not just the wall itself?

Cersei will do her walk this season. This is tracking pretty close to book, i think. Robert Strong may come next season.

Yes to the Dany scenes. There is a lot of plot tied up in Tyron's education/counsel to Dany. Its got my attention. The fighting pit will be a mass Harpy ambush, Dany will be protected by Jorah/Tyrion/Drogon, and will fly. Jorah and Tyrion will be left to sort it out - perhaps be captured - setting up a Dany rescue next season.

I just don't see Lady Stoneheart this season, nor any other. The Ghost of High Heart's prophecies were the only ones that got my attention.

But, you haven't mentioned Dorne. At some point, something meaningful has to break there. Who is Doran threatening in that preview?? My first impression was he is revealing his plans and getting buy-in from Ellaria. She takes on Arianne's role. but, what of Jamie and Bronn?? Neither fit a short term character arc like Darkstar and Oakheart? This storyline has been messed up to a fare-the-well. I would not be surprised if Trystane is revealed to be Aegon. Lot of moms question marks in this series, you know?
Last edited by holahouze; 06-06-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

re: rest of the season

All i can say is we better see some dragon fighting already, and more zombie / white walker battles!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwXOxJ0u6o
GoT Theme
Old 06-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

wall comes down in e10
Old 06-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

I think our good friend Jon Snow is going to die tomorrow. I think they have something else planned for the last episode.

Seriously though, when he dies people are going to FLIP THEIR COLLECTIVE SHIT. It's going to be so fucking hilarious to watch it unfold. I mean people were upset when Ned died, and when the Red Wedding happened but this...nobody is prepared for this, nobody. Well, you know aside from the people who already know.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Last edited by Millburn; 06-06-2015 at 06:47 PM..
Old 06-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

The internets will break tomorrow night.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Banned

reddit says leaked lol
Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Banned

Ok. I'm not on #teamstannis anymore

Fuck that guy.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

I'm with you. Ugh.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wow...I am utterly disgusted.

I can't believe Stannis actually went through with that. I thought the earlier scenes of him telling her how she was his daughter and he loved her and all that crap was setting up a big confrontation between stannis on one side and melisandra+selyse on the other...a big show down with stannis possibly shrugging off the chump lord of light and putting melisandra in her place.

I never in a million years saw Selyse as being the one person to crack at the last minute and try to stop the sacrifice.

Is this going to happen in the books? I suppose its a possible "way out" for the army being screwed stuck in a storm as they are in the book but still... Its been awhile so maybe someone can refresh my memory...is shireen at castle black in the book?

Actually nevermind...melisandre is at castle black in the book so she could do the sacrifice there without Stannis even being there to stop her. Either way, I don't see this happening in the book. They have dalla's (mance's) baby all set to burn if they need to (they think) and when/if they do that and nothing happens (since he's fake.baby) will they turn to shireen?

Well, i'm disappointed in this episode. It wasn't quite as epic as I was expecting. It didn't have as much death as I was expecting either. I thought for sure Brienne's number was up tonight as well as Jorah or missandei in the pit. Instead we get a little kid burned alive and screaming all the while.

I still can't believe I just watched a little girl screaming horrifically while being burned alive. I didn't think I could be any more disturbed after seeing Sansa get raped.

And finally I'll say that I'm angry that they are going to kill brienne off next week and most likely pod as well unless they save pod just to be someone who can pick up oathbreaker and somehow get it to either the wall to use against the Others, or back to kings landing to Jaime. Brienne is one of my favorite characters in the books and its obvious this season that they don't know what to do with her other than kill her off so she hasn't had a single interesting or meaningful event happen this entire season. Also since they cut out Jaime in the riverlands and replaced it with the god awful bullcrap thats been happening in Dorne, I think they mean to just trim the fat on their monstrous cast roster by snipping out the brienne and pod show.

Well i'm sure she'll be involved somehow in Sansa's escape with theon over the wall but I predict a really bad meet up with Stannis that ends poorly for Brienne. That or Ramsey somehow cutting her down during the escape attempt. Well who knows.
Closed Thread