Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Stabbyjoe Macintosh - The Real Story

Since no one is smart enough to actually figure out what has really happened I figure I'll go ahead and just tell everyone myself. This way there isn't any confusion, nor will anyone else take credit for the fall of The Platlord.
-Nordenwatch, you just happened to be thrown into the middle of it because you had one thing that I wanted. A Troll Bard. You were so dazzled by the pixels you were getting that you didn't think about what was really going on. You were nothing more than a fucking puppet for me to search for things without using my IP / machine. As for that Ranger account - You gave me the Emulator Info, not the Server Login. But you were stupid enough to make the Server info the same as the Emulator info, but with a "1" at the end. I changed the info, because I decided I was just going to go ahead and buy the thing from you for the agreed price. But I was banned before I could make the payment. Had you not started all this bullshit, and waited patiently for me to respond to your PM's I probably would have just changed the info back and given the account back to you. Which I will still do, if you publicly appologize to me, and have the GM's agree to unban the account. (Note: I do not want the thing, I don't plan on playing here anymore.)

Now that the whole "stolen account" incident is cleared up. Here is what has happend to Stabbyjoe:

I led the guild Flawless Victory with Knightt. I've known the guy for several years here on P99 and considered him a very good friend. I knew about the old Bruize situation, but he assured me that he was out of the "RMT" business and was keeping away from illegal activities as to not get any of his characters banned.
Recently I had been informed of some "suspicious activities" by anonymous players that accused Knightt of being involved with The Platlord. I figured since the GMs weren't able to do anything about the situation that I would take it upon myself to investigate.
Since I had several of Knightt's account infos, I was able to figure out his P99 Forum Account password. I look through it all. Nothing. I think to myself "Well he probably isn't dumb enough to use P99's forums for anything illegal on the server.". So I check to see which email address is linked to his P99 Forum Account. Sure enough, the password works! After digging through the email account for a bit I find something very, very interesting. A spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is a list of pretty much any item you can imagine in game (droppable only), with a platinum price, username/login, and item name. Also on this spreadsheet was a list of accounts that had a large number of platinum on them. So I say "No, this couldn't be!". So I check a few of the accounts. Sure enough, almost all of them had what they said they had.
The next part is where I fucked up. I had heard from several people which I had thought to be "reliable" that told me about a few methods of transfering platinum and items that was undetectable by the admin. So I take a pile of shit. I mean a large, very large, extremely large pile of shit. I used some of it to get two very nice, very rare accounts. Then I used some of it to gear / Epic these very nice characters.
After fiddling around for a while, I realize, "This game isn't really fun anymore once you have everything imaginable".
Then I realize what all this "RMT" is doing to the server itself. What it did to the guild Flawless Victory, ect. So I decide to do what is really right. I turn the information over to the GMs. (By the way, if you've never actually got to sit down and talk to Sirken and Ephi for a while, they're some pretty cool, very smart guys.) But of course, out of greed, I didn't tell them about all of the platinum / items that I had stole.
So they get to their investigating and banning, and link some of the accounts to my machine. Boom, there goes Stabbyjoe. There goes Mythoxxus. There goes Napkin. There goes all of my massive platinum accounts. There goes all of my accounts, period.
You people can try to say "Well if I found all those accounts, I would've turned them in right away!". But that would make you a fucking liar.
You can flame me all you want, but 9999/10000 would've done the same thing that I did, but probably without turning in the information to try to actually help the server.
For those of you who think the GMs are dumbasses, you're wrong. They know a lot. They're a lot smarter than you think.
I won't be playing here anymore, because I know a little too much about this place now. But you are all very welcome for me assisting the GMs in getting rid of The Platlord. Hopefully getting rid of one of the RMTers will be a warning to the rest, and will restore the economy here, atleast a little.
Goodbye, Project 1999.
Flame on, motherfuckers.

BANNED
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

First
Spin harder dude.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbyjoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since no one is smart enough to actually figure out what has really happened I figure I'll go ahead and just tell everyone myself. This way there isn't any confusion, nor will anyone else take credit for the fall of The Platlord.
-Nordenwatch, you just happened to be thrown into the middle of it because you had one thing that I wanted. A Troll Bard. You were so dazzled by the pixels you were getting that you didn't think about what was really going on. You were nothing more than a fucking puppet for me to search for things without using my IP / machine. As for that Ranger account - You gave me the Emulator Info, not the Server Login. But you were stupid enough to make the Server info the same as the Emulator info, but with a "1" at the end. I changed the info, because I decided I was just going to go ahead and buy the thing from you for the agreed price. But I was banned before I could make the payment. Had you not started all this bullshit, and waited patiently for me to respond to your PM's I probably would have just changed the info back and given the account back to you. Which I will still do, if you publicly appologize to me, and have the GM's agree to unban the account. (Note: I do not want the thing, I don't plan on playing here anymore.)

Now that the whole "stolen account" incident is cleared up. Here is what has happend to Stabbyjoe:

I led the guild Flawless Victory with Knightt. I've known the guy for several years here on P99 and considered him a very good friend. I knew about the old Bruize situation, but he assured me that he was out of the "RMT" business and was keeping away from illegal activities as to not get any of his characters banned.
Recently I had been informed of some "suspicious activities" by anonymous players that accused Knightt of being involved with The Platlord. I figured since the GMs weren't able to do anything about the situation that I would take it upon myself to investigate.
Since I had several of Knightt's account infos, I was able to figure out his P99 Forum Account password. I look through it all. Nothing. I think to myself "Well he probably isn't dumb enough to use P99's forums for anything illegal on the server.". So I check to see which email address is linked to his P99 Forum Account. Sure enough, the password works! After digging through the email account for a bit I find something very, very interesting. A spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is a list of pretty much any item you can imagine in game (droppable only), with a platinum price, username/login, and item name. Also on this spreadsheet was a list of accounts that had a large number of platinum on them. So I say "No, this couldn't be!". So I check a few of the accounts. Sure enough, almost all of them had what they said they had.
The next part is where I fucked up. I had heard from several people which I had thought to be "reliable" that told me about a few methods of transfering platinum and items that was undetectable by the admin. So I take a pile of shit. I mean a large, very large, extremely large pile of shit. I used some of it to get two very nice, very rare accounts. Then I used some of it to gear / Epic these very nice characters.
After fiddling around for a while, I realize, "This game isn't really fun anymore once you have everything imaginable".
Then I realize what all this "RMT" is doing to the server itself. What it did to the guild Flawless Victory, ect. So I decide to do what is really right. I turn the information over to the GMs. (By the way, if you've never actually got to sit down and talk to Sirken and Ephi for a while, they're some pretty cool, very smart guys.) But of course, out of greed, I didn't tell them about all of the platinum / items that I had stole.
So they get to their investigating and banning, and link some of the accounts to my machine. Boom, there goes Stabbyjoe. There goes Mythoxxus. There goes Napkin. There goes all of my massive platinum accounts. There goes all of my accounts, period.
You people can try to say "Well if I found all those accounts, I would've turned them in right away!". But that would make you a fucking liar.
You can flame me all you want, but 9999/10000 would've done the same thing that I did, but probably without turning in the information to try to actually help the server.
For those of you who think the GMs are dumbasses, you're wrong. They know a lot. They're a lot smarter than you think.
I won't be playing here anymore, because I know a little too much about this place now. But you are all very welcome for me assisting the GMs in getting rid of The Platlord. Hopefully getting rid of one of the RMTers will be a warning to the rest, and will restore the economy here, atleast a little.
Goodbye, Project 1999.
Flame on, motherfuckers.
Great read. Thanks for the help in getting platlord banned - plague lifted off the server. Also quoting this for posterity!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] GIFSoup
Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Banned

BTW, norden spoke to me about sending you PMs, and that he knew you read them because he saw you log on and "reading private messages" via your user page.

I am sure by the tone of his PMs you could tell he was in a panic, why not just send him a quick PM letting him know you intended to pay him or whatever your intention was? It is reasonable to think that after a couple days of not hearing from you that he would go to the GMs.
Last edited by Triangle; 04-26-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 02:01 AM
Banned

Edited: misunderstood the facts
Last edited by Triangle; 04-26-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Sweetbaby involved in the RMT? I noticed he was always in vent with Knightt and seemed to also have unexplained massive quantities of platinum.

He currently plays on the red99 server in Nihilum as Node.
Last i heard his whistle was clean
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

buddy fuck you. there's no excuse for the needless manipulating and blatant thieving you did out of personal greed.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

apologize to you for what exactly? defaming you rightfully?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

I gotta say, the fact that you even tried to login/crack the emu info is shady as shit. Why not just pay norden and do it the proper way if you were going to pay him?
Closed Thread