Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Default PVP Suggestions

Alecta thanks for all the work you've done. There will be a lot of pvp in velious, but as it is right now, the pvp code on the server is pretty broken/not classic. Things I would change:

1. Wizard draughts should be easier to resist to the point where it makes sense to use lures instead of draughts. Sunstrike and Wildfire should have less of a chance to do full damage.

2. Melee 1handed damage is way too high and hits land way too often. Maybe because AC is not taken into consideration in pvp (which is why mitigation discs do not work).

3. Bards are broken. Brusco's Bombastic Bellow and Dennon's Bereavement should not land in pvp unless people are fully debuffed. On live, bards ran around with two weapons that could proc tash and had to land it with Occlusion of Sound before they could land anything in pvp.

4. Archery and throwing have no line of sight checks, this isn't a big problem now, but when rangers have trueshot discs in velious, it will be overpowered.

5. Slows land every time and never get resisted in pvp. Right now on my shaman, because melees are broken, i always start with a slow and i've never had a resist.

Thanks again u r truly a hero of norrath.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbedder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alecta thanks for all the work you've done. There will be a lot of pvp in velious, but as it is right now, the pvp code on the server is pretty broken/not classic. Things I would change:

1. Wizard draughts should be easier to resist to the point where it makes sense to use lures instead of draughts. Sunstrike and Wildfire should have less of a chance to do full damage.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124319

Fixed pending patch

Resists
  • Tweaked Null's resist function
  • Snares adjusted to be in line with roots.

Hopefully this takes care of that, i'm sure its going to take a lot of community feedback to hone it into a good place
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbedder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Melee 1handed damage is way too high and hits land way too often. Maybe because AC is not taken into consideration in pvp (which is why mitigation discs do not work).
He's got the mitigation discs listed as 3.2 in order of priorities, hopefully he updates the to-do list and considers the 5% per hit to cause interrupt (with no maximum %) as well checking if AC is considered. Velious melee's are going to get out of control if we don't start looking into their damage now.

Alecta please consider changing the 5% to interrupt per swing, with maximum haste the push interrupt + unlimited % chance to interrupt is getting silly, especially with triple attacking duel wielders
Quote:
3. Bards are broken. Brusco's Bombastic Bellow and Dennon's Bereavement should not land in pvp unless people are fully debuffed. On live, bards ran around with two weapons that could proc tash and had to land it with Occlusion of Sound before they could land anything in pvp.
PvP: Prioritized Agenda / Known Issues
  1. Exploit fixes (0 in queue)
  2. Resists
  3. Adjust partials / full resists on DD's (parameterize Null's function?)
  4. Revisit mezzes, stuns, debuffs.

Fixed pending patch

Resists

Hopefully we see the bard's being affected by this, otherwise we need to create a new line item.
Quote:
4. Archery and throwing have no line of sight checks, this isn't a big problem now, but when rangers have trueshot discs in velious, it will be overpowered.
I'm glad you mentioned this, I was fooling around with one of the guild rangers in Toxx and he was bowing me through the corner of a wall when I was expecting to have broken his LoS. Alecta had already tweaked the LoS start/finish checks with spell casting, I'm not sure if this falls into the same category and I was within the 70% distance or whatever the formula was, but regardless someone should be able to break ranged LoS by cornering a wall as a viable strat to force a disciplined Ranger into melee or block a shurikan or boulder etc.
Quote:
5. Slows land every time and never get resisted in pvp. Right now on my shaman, because melees are broken, i always start with a slow and i've never had a resist.
It def gets resisted, but it does land a lot. Probably because the only resist update we've received so far is the nerf on root and snare cc's which forced people to stop using them and started trying slow.

Resists
Quote:
Last edited by Mac Dretti; 01-01-2014 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Spot on
Old 01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Also, check dot dmg in PVP. Currently reduced more then it should
Old 01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Banned

Archery LoS is pretty huge even now, becuase it allows you to find people you otherwise wouldn't have. It will face you towards the target, or you can follow the heat-seeking arrow graphic. So If people in dungeons take quick corners on me while I'm behind enough to shoot my bow I'm able to follow them pretty well.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Archery LoS is pretty huge even now, becuase it allows you to find people you otherwise wouldn't have. It will face you towards the target, or you can follow the heat-seeking arrow graphic. So If people in dungeons take quick corners on me while I'm behind enough to shoot my bow I'm able to follow them pretty well.
True
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Archery LoS is working as intended from a code point of view, as far as I can tell.

The issue is the zone map files. IE - the content folks have to set up the zones to know that this object or that wall isn't penetrable.

I tested this in RV where the walls block LOS for both archery and spell casting, and then I tested it in Trakanon's teeth, where the walls / ground don't block LoS for both archery and spell casting. So it's a zone by zone issue.

Please report the actual instances where you are experiencing these issues. Sorry I cant help more. =/
Old 02-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Bombastic hardly ever landed, but Boastful almost always did. Make sure not to nerf bards too hard, but if it hasn't been already you should look into mez resists. Was impossible to mez as a bard unless you had Ancient song.

Red99