Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

i almost didn't want to post to give this thread a bump.. but Loke's troll was pretty hilarious, and OP is a dumbass for calling hating on Vasilyevich. no 2 or 3 yr old will be able to sustain interest long enough to play dress up or look at bugs by themselves. it was probably an interactive thing he did with his kids and he's a fucking douchebag for interacting with his kids, obviously they should go back into the closet. also, if my dad didn't introduce kings quest 6 to me when i was around 4-5 i probably wouldn't have an interest in video games like i do. also, this thread is dumb, and who the shit cares.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Kobold

This goes along with .. does giving your kid the wheel to the Wii and letting him play Mario Kart when he's 3 make you a bad parent.

I can tell you as a parent of a 1 year old and a 2 year old that they have attention spans of fucking gnats. They will want to push buttons and see the reactions on your screen because only a hand full of their toys make reactions when they push buttons.. or they have pushed the buttons so much that they are looking for new and attention holding.

The OP calling Vas a bad parent just shows how juvenile they think. I for one am all about spending time with your children and doing things, but you can only do that so much before they want new and more. And EVERYTHING you do your child wants to do. Sitting on the couch watching tv.. yep hes right there next to me, eating dinner at the table.. yep he doesn't like his high chair anymore because "Mommy and Daddy" don't have to sit in them. So he doesn't either.

Anytime I play XBox for even 10 - 15 minutes at a time, he has a controller in his hand (no batteries) but he's doing it to imitate.

I give props to parents who let their children interact with them on any level. Now I would be in the same boat saying they were a bad parent if they were playing the game for 8+ hours a day, neglecting their children or if their 7 year old was failing at school because they spend more time on video games and not enough time practicing their abc's and 123's.

Obviously this is not the case.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Aviak

If my kid wanted to play, I would let him...and I think he'd figure it out pretty quickly, but when he learns to read, there is no way I'm gonna let him play with you buncha jackasses. If the dude's kids wants to spin around and attack guards at the city gates, then so be it. It's not your business....raise your own kids, your own way.

To Vas, you are an idiot for even posting your idea. Go to BabyCenter or whatever and post something like that and those rabid democrat cooters would call CPS just because you don't pay attention to the kids 110% of the time. What kind of reaction do you think you are gonna get from a bunch of geeks who probably haven't been laid since they got pity sex after prom...15 years ago.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Skeleton

lol
Yes I'm a horrible piece of shit parent and I'm planning on chaining the kids to the desks and forcing them to farm gold.

So what, I requested an IP exemption for a silly reason. I'll just have to do that kind of stuff on one of the other ghost town servers, while I level up with obvious boxers on p99.

My son outgrew the V-Tech stuff at 1 year.
It happens when you grow up in a house with 22 computers.

At 2 and a half my son was beating the first levels of nintendo and sega genesis games. My daughter is doing everything faster and insists on participating in everything her brother does. She is not ready for EQ. The boy is sort of ready to be introduced to it. I figured I'd make 1 request for both. Rather than 1 now and one a year from now.

If you think that's insane or nuts or retarded, I don't care. Welcome to parenting in the digital age.

Thanks Kabilos, that's pretty much how it works at my house. Monkey see, monkey do for about 10 minutes then it's back outside to ride the bike or play in the mud or shit their pants. Maybe do all 3.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilyevich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Yes I'm a horrible piece of shit parent and I'm planning on chaining the kids to the desks and forcing them to farm gold.

So what, I requested an IP exemption for a silly reason. I'll just have to do that kind of stuff on one of the other ghost town servers, while I level up with obvious boxers on p99.

My son outgrew the V-Tech stuff at 1 year.
It happens when you grow up in a house with 22 computers.

At 2 and a half my son was beating the first levels of nintendo and sega genesis games. My daughter is doing everything faster and insists on participating in everything her brother does. She is not ready for EQ. The boy is sort of ready to be introduced to it. I figured I'd make 1 request for both. Rather than 1 now and one a year from now.

If you think that's insane or nuts or retarded, I don't care. Welcome to parenting in the digital age.

Thanks Kabilos, that's pretty much how it works at my house. Monkey see, monkey do for about 10 minutes then it's back outside to ride the bike or play in the mud or shit their pants. Maybe do all 3.
Do not pay any mind to the trolls. If your son is happy messing around on EQ for 10-20 mins per day then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Orc

if you have kids don't play EQ, you afk too much ~
Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned

I grew up playing with mommy and daddy in EQ, it started off as being the flying elf in Kelethin then it turned into full blown playing, abandoned my N64, everything, my dad introduced me to the lovely /testbuff when it was implemented, then I got so into it I rolled a character on live and the rest is history~
Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Should we all strive to include our kids in our addictive behavior? That way we don't have to actively parent them. I dont engage in distracting behavior when I have an important task ahead of me but I guess I understand how hard it might be to stay focused on your kids.

Why don't you not bother the mods with bullshit requests for ip exemption and instead give your kids something beneficial to watch? If you're not going to teach them life skills yourself there are plenty of options.

http://www.nickjr.com/blues-clues/
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

"let him see Daddy's DE on the screen with his big troll, that kind of stuff."

lol
Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

I would have preferred to have been a young pro @ eq, to being denied all access to society and video/computer games, just sayin.