Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Can we have an update please, good, bad, and ugly? Planning for eventual stealth implementation of Classic UI i.e. the day that I /quit P99 on the spot.

I dislike boxing, but hopefully will be with Guild members.

1. What are typical server box numbers?
2. How classic are mechanics i.e. similar feel to P99?
3. How easy is it to install?

I love classic mechanics - hate classic UI.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Orc

population seems to be going up pretty well, I would say most people box, but more and more who are playing dont. (not a fan of boxing either, but so far been a blast for me) No idea on typical server pop numbers. Its not really classic to my knowledge, its PoP. They have most things outside of PoK out atm. I assume to make it s we cant just run through current content. If you consider PoP classic then maybe it is classic. Its stupid easy to install you download then unzip a file and you are done.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Aviak

You can install various UI's, mousewheel scroll and no maps are the two hangups with the classic client vs titanium. Numbers are around 100 during primetime, makes for camping things much easier and if you are bringing over a crew of people....will allow you to enjoy raid content without the poopsocks.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Kobold

It's the mousewheel scroll plus no autofire that are keeping me away atm, mainly the mousewheel scroll. I asked about it in the forum and was told it was because the mousewheel scroll wasn't implemented until after PoP which is all well and good if that's how the dev team wants to run the server I just can't play like that. I get sick at the stomach looking at it. (Honestly, my stomach gets this sick feeling.) I know you can use F9 to change to 3rd person view but I can't get the camera to follow my character and constantly having to move the camera via my mouse isn't something I'm getting used to after the time I've spent in.

The autofire I can honestly get used to. It sucks that it isn't in there and no argument I've read has ever been good enough to me to excuse it's absence but I really can get over it. Just bind to another key and shoot that way. Whatever.

If someone has a trick for the camera view please let me know and I'll be ALL over that.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Aviak

The client does not support either function. Dev's do not touch the client, only the server.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Banned

We don't need two different threads shilling the same server.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Banned

then why do you keep bumping both threads?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then why do you keep bumping both threads?
If there was a sage option I'd use it.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was a sage option I'd use it.
master troll or supreme homosexual? i remain undecided
Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you can use F9 to change to 3rd person view but I can't get the camera to follow my character and constantly having to move the camera via my mouse isn't something I'm getting used to after the time I've spent in.
I don't see how you have this problem, I hit F9 two times (x2) and the camara is always behind my toon. I never have to use mouse to swing it.

If i want to zoom in I use "insert" and "delete" keys, and Alt+ arrow keys allow me to set it a another angle if I need.

Shoot Tollen, Utinen, Tony a tell any time in game be happy to help.
Closed Thread