Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Arrow WTB Velious - willing to donate (crowd funding new expansion?)

In order to support the staff and server bills in this time before Velious launches, I was wondering if it would help to start a kickstarter-like campaign to raise money for server costs. The devs/GMs could come up with an amount that would pay the bills for a certain amount, and we could try and raise that money.

I understand that this is a hobby server, but a lot of people really love playing on this p1999 server and want to support in whatever way they can. Not all of us have the time to dedicate to the test server, doing quests or raiding.
Last edited by toolshed; 08-22-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

you could pay the playerbase to simply play on beta, im sure people would be willing to give up their time for a few $$

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to support the staff and server bills in this time before Velious launches, I was wondering if it would help to start a kickstarter-like campaign to raise money for server costs. The devs/GMs could come up with an amount that would pay the bills for a certain amount, and we could try and raise that money.

I understand that this is a hobby server, but a lot of people really love playing on this p1999 server and want to support in whatever way they can. Not all of us have the time to dedicate to the test server, doing quests or raiding.
How about you just donate using the donate button on the main screen. Don't need a kickstarter for it. All the money goes to paying for the server equipment, bandwidth, all that other crap.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about you just donate using the donate button on the main screen. Don't need a kickstarter for it. All the money goes to paying for the server equipment, bandwidth, all that other crap.
Having a goal amount helps get people to donate who normally would not donate. Also, having a goal, ie a new expansion, further incentivises people to donate if they want the goal; lots of people want a new expansion and would donate for further/faster development of it.

Weird gimmicks work for fundraising. Look at the ice bucket challenge.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I'd prefer they release Velious with good updates rather than sloppily.

Like... 255 resist cap and classic UI $$$.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Donating money won't make the expansion come out any quicker. Beta testing will though.

But you should donate anyway.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you're going to donate enough money for them to quit their jobs, how do you think this is going to make anything happen faster?
Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could pay the playerbase to simply play on beta, im sure people would be willing to give up their time for a few $$
I'm no Dev, but lack of beta players isn't the reason it's not finished at this point. Everything outside of a couple mobs have been killed/attempted multiple times. Some mobs are overtuned, and are still overtuned after weeks and weeks of testing. Pathing has been bad, not sure if that's fixed or not. What else are we suppose to do? If they let us know what to test that'd help a lot more than Klandicar wipe #29 despite how jokingly easy that dragon was on live with 5-6 groups. Bad pathing in zones like DN has been well documented. I don't follow beta progress that much so I have no clue what is being done and what really needs to be tested. Maybe Devs need to communicate with playerbase on what needs to be tested and what is working as intended.
Last edited by Tankdan; 08-22-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no Dev, but lack of beta players isn't the reason it's not finished at this point. Everything outside of a couple mobs have been killed multiple times. Some mobs are overtuned, and are still overtuned after weeks and weeks of testing. Pathing has been bad, not sure if that's fixed or not. What else are we suppose to do? If they let us know what to test that'd help a lot more than Klandicar wipe #29 despite how jokingly easy that dragon was on live with 5-6 groups.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157067

Step Up
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no Dev, but lack of beta players isn't the reason it's not finished at this point. Everything outside of a couple mobs have been killed multiple times. Some mobs are overtuned, and are still overtuned after weeks and weeks of testing. Pathing has been bad, not sure if that's fixed or not. What else are we suppose to do? If they let us know what to test that'd help a lot more than Klandicar wipe #29 despite how jokingly easy that dragon was on live with 5-6 groups.
I thought that's what this was: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157067

Seems a lot of it is still incomplete. A lot of it seems like lengthy quests and I just don't have the time to go around doing long quests (that require raids) on a test server unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you're going to donate enough money for them to quit their jobs, how do you think this is going to make anything happen faster?
Valid point but I don't think having too much money saved up would be a bad thing for p1999. More people will probably start playing once the expansion comes out, and that means more bandwidth and higher server operational costs.
Last edited by toolshed; 08-22-2014 at 04:11 PM..
Closed Thread